PDA

View Full Version : I give up. How do I apply a different "theme" to my existing PPT?

Fairy
12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a PPT that I have to change the theme of. It's a large one, and I don't have time or inclination to copy each slide individually over to the new theme. I have tried everything in 2007 to help me do this, and I've scoured Help. anyone know how to do this quick and easy?

Andi98989
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Have you tried editing the slide master?

elektra
12-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Clcik Design in the top nav.
(Then a bunch of themes pop up and you just click the one you want)
If it's not a preset one you want, then you click that arrow all the way to the bottom right of the theme area, then click "Browse for themes"
Then you select the ppt with the theme you want and then just click it.

Fairy
12-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Have you tried editing the slide master?

I have, but I cannot figure out how to apply a theme to it that is not offered in the thumbnails in the ribbon. I want to be able to apply a different canned theme. Maybe I have to search the hard drive or soemthing. This is really annoying.

elektra
12-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Fairy, did you get it to work?

Fairy
12-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Clcik Design in the top nav.
(Then a bunch of themes pop up and you just click the one you want)
If it's not a preset one you want, then you click that arrow all the way to the bottom right of the theme area, then click "Browse for themes"
Then you select the ppt with the theme you want and then just click it.

No! I don't have an arrow at the bottom right ofthe themes area. Ack!

Andi98989
12-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Try customizing the toolbar and see if there is a command for the themes that isn't in your toolbar right now?

I checked PPT 2007 on DH's laptop and it's working the way previous poster mentioned.

Fairy
12-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Thnaks, guys. Gonna keep trying ...

egoldber
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
It's not a small arrow that points to the southeast that you click to expand options. It's a scroll down arrow down in the box that has the themes. Click on the down arrow and it will pop up with an option to search for themes.