PDA

View Full Version : Amazon cancelling non-prime but prime ships?

firsttimemama
12-23-2009, 05:08 PM
A friend and myself ordered the high five sports center within minutes of each other .. Mine shipped (prime).. she got an email saying it was a price mistake.

Is this what happened with the doll too? or the doll bed? What was the outcome? Did any non-prime people complain? (or does everyone here have prime)

Pennylane
12-23-2009, 06:28 PM
I read on another board about people getting their orders cancelled and they had a prime membership.

Ann

AbbysMom
12-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I am a non prime person and complained that some people got the dolls that were cancelled on me. The rep told me that prime ships first and people with prime could have gotten their orders b/c their stuff simply shipped quicker. Doesn't make too much sense since their policy (sent by email to me 3 times and given to me twice on the phone) was that all orders were price checked before they shipped but apparently those with prime ship quicker.

khm
12-23-2009, 10:43 PM
I'd bet the systems that catch the pricing error need X amount of items to actually be ordered before it gets caught. They probably track item popularity and things that shoot from low sales to high sales are probably flagged as possibly priced wrong. (Due to, ya know, message boards spreading the word.... ;) ).

So, if prime ships first and fast, some of those orders probably get through before the flag goes up. Shrug. I'm no expert, but that's my guess. ;)