PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay...

Snow mom
12-23-2009, 05:44 PM
To put a thin piece of fabric over the seatback of my car to protect the seat back from shoes? DD is RF in a MA. I was thinking of making something that would attach to the head rest on the seat and hang down to the seat base. The MA wouldn't sit on the fabric but it might tuck between the front of the MA and the seat. I wouldn't use anything thicker than thin terry cloth.

love_a_latte
12-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I 'll be checking on this thread, as I had the same idea this morning. It is close to impossible to get all the snow off of DS's boots, and the seatback is turning into a snowy sodden mess.

all together ooky
12-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah that's fine. I've also heard of people using t-shirts over the vehicle seat. When I care about the seats, I just take off their boots.

wencit
12-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I've gotten the A-OK for doing that, as long as you keep the material thin. One mom here suggested hanging an apron, which I thought was a great idea!

DrSally
12-24-2009, 01:45 AM
I think I did the T-shirt thing when DS was RF DD doesn't walk in the snow at this point (I carry her), so I don't have to worry about it for awhile with her.

Joolsplus2
12-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Yup, 'salright. If you have a towel you can sacrifice you could poke holes in it and use the headrest to hold it up, or the apron, whatever way you can think to have it held up will be fine. I'm guessing the boots are too hard to get on and off? I used to just yank shoes off on wet days if I had to.