PDA

View Full Version : Can I salvage a musty high chair pad?

ErinMC
12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I just pulled out our high chair from the basement for the first time in 2 years. Even though the pad/cover was washed and put into a box before I stored it, it now smells awful - musty and nothing I would put my baby on. Even after 2 washings in the washing machine, with both detergent and Oxi Clean! It's the Fisher Price Healthy Care high chair - so the front is plastic/vinyl and the back is almost a flannel material. Any suggestions to salvage it or is the whole thing shot?

WatchingThemGrow
12-23-2009, 08:52 PM
You can likely order a new one. My SIL did that for her Peg and was very happy about having a nice clean one.

ErinMC
12-27-2009, 10:35 PM
I thought about ordering a new one but couldn't find anything on the Fisher-Price website. I'll look again though.

Smillow
12-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Vinegar. Soak it in vinegar overnight & then wash it again, maybe add baking soda to the wash water.

infomama
12-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I thought about ordering a new one but couldn't find anything on the Fisher-Price website. I'll look again though.
Check Ebay.

kijip
12-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Mattel does not make it easy to find but you can order replacement parts from them for the FP line. I ordered tray inserts and a spare cover for my older son's Healthy Care high chair a long time ago and then another time for a seat for my nephew.

It's totally inane how you have to look for which pads they have in stock, you have to go to replacement parts, baby gear, highchairs, then look at each model to see if the pad is available. Any Healthy Care full size high chair pad will fit. Clicking around this one is available, there are likely others:

https://store.mattel.com/CatalogBrowser.aspx?cmd=local&cat=140&sec=9845

general how-to find replacement parts for Mattel products, I know oh so clear:
http://service.mattel.com/us/faq_results.asp?contentidlist=52166&faq_id=52166

Why they don't just have a list of all available pads, I don't know. HTH.

ErinMC
12-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks Katie for the links. I still couldn't find the correct pad on the website, so I called FP service this afternoon. They claim that none of the other replacement high chair pads available would fit my chair correctly. Grr. So I am going to try the vinegar suggestion tonight.

Thanks everyone. Will let you know if it works.