PDA

View Full Version : If you think DC has allergies is there a recommended process to ID?

hillview
12-23-2009, 07:09 PM
DS #2 is 2.5 and seems to react to meals (red face/cheeks and nose runs). Is there a recommended approach to eliminate foods to see what it might be?
TIA!
/hillary

purpleeyes
12-23-2009, 11:39 PM
I went to the ped. allergist and after doing the testing, they also started us on an elimination diet. DD only ate chicken, rice sticks, rice cereal, apples, pears, string beans and sweet potatos for about a week. Then, every 3-5 days, we added one new food at at time and then watched for a reaction. After doing that, I figured out that she also has problems with soy lechethin, in addition to the egg allergy the allergist diagnosed.

We avoid all citrus, berries, and soy, even though she doesn't have an official allergy to those.

HTH! Good luck!

hillview
12-24-2009, 02:28 PM
I went to the ped. allergist and after doing the testing, they also started us on an elimination diet. DD only ate chicken, rice sticks, rice cereal, apples, pears, string beans and sweet potatos for about a week. Then, every 3-5 days, we added one new food at at time and then watched for a reaction. After doing that, I figured out that she also has problems with soy lechethin, in addition to the egg allergy the allergist diagnosed.

We avoid all citrus, berries, and soy, even though she doesn't have an official allergy to those.

HTH! Good luck!
Thanks! Super helpful. I think after the holidays I will give it a shot!
/hillary