PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Duo Deluxe or JJB BeTween?

TwoBees
12-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Which one? First baby, first diaper bag. I know one is a bit larger. I can't decide!

MamaKath
12-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Can you go check them out in person? 2 very different, but both great bags. I lie the SH better, but that is me and certainly not everyone. I saw my sil carrying her Duo this weekend which is 5 years old and being used for dc#3 and still going strong! Which are you drawn more too?

MamaKath
12-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Just a quick thought, the JJB is much more diaper bag looking. It is really well made, but it is not something that is easily incognito. They are uber popular in North Jersey were we are for the hoidays and all the styles are easy to pick out as diaper bags. Funny because at home, no one carries them (rural area).

TwoBees
12-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I ended up choosing the JJB (waiting for it to arrive) because I felt that it fit my petite frame better. The SH is longer and would hit me at mid-thigh while I am walking. Might still get it though for longer outings...

Mama---are you in rural NJ?

MamaKath
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Mama---are you in rural NJ?
Jersey girl who has been displaced. We live in rural MD now, have been home visiting for the holidays. :)

As for the bags, if the JJB doesn't work for you, check out the Dash. It might fit your frame better. Also Target has a line of SkipHops that is called Spark. There is one that is similar to a Duo but a little more like a tote.

magrat
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I love my JJB BeTween! I think most people get bags that are bigger than they need, but the BeTween is a perfect all-the-time bag. I love keeping my things separate from the baby stuff, especially once they start eating lots of crackers and cheerios. I had a 2007 Dash and absolutely hated it, though they may be quite a bit different now. I hated the messenger flap, how long and narrow/skinny it is, the velcro, and lack of separate internal compartments. You may want to pick up a cheap larger bag for longer trips though, the BeTween is not very big. I love the Eddie Bauer Weekender bag for travel.