PDA

View Full Version : Which Wii games should I keep?

alien_host
12-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry for the separate thread but I need some help!

I bought several but I'm afraid they are all very similar:

Wii console comes with "Sports". I also picked up "Wii Play", "Sports Resort"

Is that too much duplication? Should I return either Play or Sports Resort? I got them b/c Play has the extra remote and Sports Resort comes with something too.

However it looks like many of these games have Shooting games, which I do not want us to play around DD.

I also got "Music", Crayola something, and an Animal Safari one I thought DD would like

Thoughts?

SnuggleBuggles
12-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Thumbs up to both! They both have great games and you can't go wrong with either of them. If budget allows, keep both. You can wait to give one till later but I think you'll find they will both get played with. I can't comment on the shooting games. I don't remember them being played often around here at all.

I have not heard good reviews on Wii Music. I don't know the other too. If you need to return one, I'd return Music. Go to Game Stop and see what other music game they would recommend instead...they are usually pretty knowledgeable.

Beth

Pennylane
12-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Wii Resort is the most played game at our house. Everyone loves it, so I would keep that one.

Ann

khm
12-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I'd keep both. Resort is quite fun, my kids love that one. (You do need the Wii Motion Plus, which it probably comes with).

Wii Play isn't great, but after paying for the remote it comes with, it is only $10 more for the game itself. ;)

ohiomom1121
12-24-2009, 02:19 AM
My kids love Wii Play! The shooting game is really just targets and cans you're shooting at. Pretty mild...except you could shoot a duck flying in the background. Cow racing is pretty funny. Sports and Sports Resort are both fun and different enough to warrant keeping. That Crayola game is horrible though...they tried it once and never asked to play it again. I sold it on CL.

bnme
12-24-2009, 07:21 AM
My kids love Sports, Play, and Resort. Now that we have Resort they haven't played Sports much. I think Sports is easier to master.

I don't have a problem with the types of shooting games on Play. But Resort has a fencing game (and I think another type) and Sports has boxing. Those bother me more. I do allow them to play them now but I didn't until recently (they are 5 and almost 7).

smilequeen
12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Sports got a little boring when we got the Resort game. That one is a hit. I don't remember how many motion plus things it comes with, but I know we ended up needing more so we could play together.

The only specifically kid game we have that was a hit is the Toy Story Mania game. The Diego game we had was so-so.

ohiomom1121
12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Sports got a little boring when we got the Resort game. That one is a hit. I don't remember how many motion plus things it comes with, but I know we ended up needing more so we could play together.

The only specifically kid game we have that was a hit is the Toy Story Mania game. The Diego game we had was so-so.
I'll have to look into the Toy Story game...never heard of it! We have 2 Dora games and 2 Diego and they are good for really young kids. Once they play harder ones, they never seem to go back to those.

khm
12-24-2009, 11:20 AM
My nieces like the Guinness World Record game. I guess it's goofy - watermelon-breaking, tightrope walking, etc. I'm not sure of the age range though. But, I never would have thought to look at Guinness!

alien_host
12-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I'll keep the Resort and Play. I'm disappointed that Music doesn't get great reviews. I'll hold that back and maybe return it and look into it more....DD loves music so I thought it might be fun.

I'll return the Crayola (got it at Costco for $10).

The Wii is really for DH...although it's a good family thing.

teedeedee
12-24-2009, 11:50 AM
We LOVE Wii Play. You can't beat the cow racing (we wish they'd do a spin off game of this to where we could upgrade cows and choose colors and stuff- love our cow racing!) and the shooting game- it's a shooting game that's not violent- you shoot balloons, cans, targets, alien spaceships that try to take your "mii" (ok and ducks...but for a shooting game today- not violent!) Did you get the one that comes with an extra remote? If so- I think it's totally worth it!

We have played Resort at a friend's and got it for ourselves for Christmas. It's by far the most anticipated gift under our tree! =) We got it with the motion thingies too.

Merry Christmas!! =)