PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Update!!! Thank you, FIL. I can read.

MamaMolly
12-23-2009, 10:51 PM
For some unknown FIL put his glasses on the floor. DH was walking across the room and stepped on them !! Score 1 for DH!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

He's got his hands on a guide book for our city and insists on sitting there reading snippets out loud and commenting on them. :banghead:

This is why I prefer guests to read the books *before* they come to visit...I got them at B&N, Boarders or Amazon. They can too.

Slowly

loosing

my

mind
..........poof.......

tylersmama
12-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Ugh. My mom does that. She insists on reading entire newspaper articles out loud to us. As she's reading it off her laptop, while I'm trying to do stuff on MY laptop. For Pete's sake...just send me the freaking link if you think I should read it!

jent
12-23-2009, 11:37 PM
This is my MIL and FIL too. We visited them last weekend. DH is trying to grade papers while DD naps. FIL comments on whatever he's reading every 2 minutes. In between, MIL is talking to DH: "Poor you, having so much work on the weekend. Do you have a lot left? Are you almost done with that one?" I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

And be careful when you ask for links... MIL and FIL have been known to send several a day...

I'm making them sound awful... they are really sweet people. I've learned from the boards it could be so much worse.

bigpassport
12-24-2009, 12:28 AM
LOL. I do both of those things. I have read snippets from guidebooks while walking around a city with my traveling companions. And I regularly read snippets from the newspaper to DH. I guess I'm qualified to be a MIL:)

tylersmama
12-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Ah, but *snippets* are one thing...my mom literally reads the entire article, word for word. :banghead:

MamaMolly
12-24-2009, 03:02 PM
LOL. I do both of those things. I have read snippets from guidebooks while walking around a city with my traveling companions. )

Totally different and thus acceptable IMO. It makes sense to do that while actually looking at the sights. But sitting on the sofa at 11pm? And reading only the most self serving parts (don't tip unless you get 'excellent' service...now FIL will use this as an excuse not to tip unless there is someone to wipe his a$$ in the bathrooms...)

I'm just surly anyway because they've been here only 4 days and I'm tired of having to clean and cook and etc. I don't wait hand and foot on my own family, and I resent being expected to do it for DH's.

dcmom2b3
12-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm just surly anyway because they've been here only 4 days and I'm tired of having to clean and cook and etc. I don't wait hand and foot on my own family, and I resent being expected to do it for DH's.

Yikes!! 4 days already? But it's only Christmas Eve! Please tell me they're leaving soon. What's that saying about houstguests being like fish -- only fresh for a day or two?

I've BTDT and it sucks. Do we need a "survivors of marathon IL visits" support group?

MamaMolly
12-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Yikes!! 4 days already? But it's only Christmas Eve! Please tell me they're leaving soon. What's that saying about houstguests being like fish -- only fresh for a day or two?

I've BTDT and it sucks. Do we need a "survivors of marathon IL visits" support group?

No, they don't leave until the 4th. I was just thinking of the guest/fish thing myself today. As I gave up and took a nap. Sometimes there are benefits to being big, fat and preggy.

And yes, I do need an ILs Survivor Support group. Please????????

viba424
12-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Ugh, my boss does that. Reads stuff out of the paper to whomever is sitting at the table with him. Are you talking to me? At me? Leave me alone.

MamaMolly
12-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Bump for update!

TwinFoxes
12-28-2009, 01:24 PM
For some unknown FIL put his glasses on the floor. DH was walking across the room and stepped on them !! Score 1 for DH!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

That is beyond awesome!

Maybe my sisters in laws will leave their mouths on the floor and someone will accidentally duct tape them...:icon_twisted:

tylersmama
12-28-2009, 10:33 PM
LOL. Awesome.

MamaMolly
12-28-2009, 10:48 PM
That is beyond awesome!

Maybe my sisters in laws will leave their mouths on the floor and someone will accidentally duct tape them...:icon_twisted:

Ok, I just peed myself. Gotta go change my drawers. You are one.funny.mama!!!