PDA

View Full Version : So, are you ready?

KrisM
12-24-2009, 12:31 AM
For Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

I am more ready this year than in past years. I have all but 2 gifts wrapped and those are big Santa gifts that are too big/heavy to move twice, so they'll get done tomorrow.

I have my stocking stuff sorted in bags and ready to go.

I have my gifts that are going to my mom's tomorrow in my trunk already :).

I have to make my dip for tomorrow, help the kids wrap their crafts they made today, and print some photos out. Otherwise, tomorrow is good.

I need to clean up and move toys around tomorrow night for Christmas morning, but I think we'll be fine.

All-in-all, I am not stressed about the last couple days at all. I like being organized!

You?

Momof3Labs
12-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Done. Completely. The big guy is visiting our house tonight since DH works Christmas Day (specifically, leaves at 5:30am Christmas Day and gets home around 9:30am Dec 26th), so the stockings are stuffed, the gifts are under the tree, and the cookies are eaten.

The only thing is that two of our gifts for the kids didn't arrive (amazon) so hopefully they will come tomorrow and mysteriously surface from deep under the tree.

KrisM
12-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Done. Completely. The big guy is visiting our house tonight since DH works Christmas Day (specifically, leaves at 5:30am Christmas Day and gets home around 9:30am Dec 26th), so the stockings are stuffed, the gifts are under the tree, and the cookies are eaten.

The only thing is that two of our gifts for the kids didn't arrive (amazon) so hopefully they will come tomorrow and mysteriously surface from deep under the tree.

Ack! Cookies! Totally forgot about that. I guess I'll get out tomorrow for some cookies. We have beer and Santa always gets a beer :).

Hope the other gifts arrive tomorrow.

WatchingThemGrow
12-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Seems like it, and just before midnight... We're heading out at 8:30 am to brunch 1.5 hours away, then 2.5 more hours on the road to the worship service, then 3 days on an icy mountain in VA. The van is PACKED, just gotta fill up the snack cups and put the DC in their clothes and jackets.

I'm feeling pretty good except for the fact that the Bugaboo just fell out of the back of the van and hit me in the head. YEEEOOOOOUUUUCCCHHHH!:fever: Oh, and I never got out to get the IL's anything for their 50th anniversary dinner Sat. night. :bag:

firsttimemama
12-24-2009, 12:49 AM
No. I am not ready. I have the gifts, thrown about the bottom of my closet & nothing wrapped. A huge fisher price sports center in a big fed ex bag in my living room. Don't even know how/if I will wrap.

I feel stressed and nervous. Which is probably dumb because DS is 2 yrs old (just) and doesn't know any better.. couldn't care less.. and DH's gifts could come down unwrapped and it's not like he'd really care.

So what I'm stressing over.. I don't know! Maybe it's all pre-in-laws-meal jitters.

jacksmomtobe
12-24-2009, 12:53 AM
*I just finished baking for friends and family (usually I'm doing so up close until when we leave for my Mom's Christmas Eve) and cleand up which is a big relief.
*I already took the gifts we are giving to my Mom's house and put them under her tree. Even put gift cards all in one medium bag so they don't get lost (one year they stayed in the big huge Target bag that I brought all my gifts in and almost got thrown out).
*Tried to assemble dd's dolhouse from Santa or at least prepare myself for doing so Christmas Eve and found out I was missing some of the screws. The manuf can't get them to me until after Christmas so now I know I won't have to assemble Christmas Eve.
*Wrapped & hid downstairs all of DS's, Dh's gifts from Santa so all I have to do CE is pull them out.
*Reorganized toy room (including clearing spot for new dollhouses) and DS's closet in anticipation of new toys.

All that is really left is to deliver cookies to friend's tomorrow & pick up one gift certificate and pick up the roast for our Christmas Day dinner.

WitMom
12-24-2009, 12:57 AM
No where near done. Not one present wrapped and there are still some on a UPS/FedEx truck somewhere....hoping they show up tomorrow, but it's going to be iffy with the weather we're having. We don't even have the stockings hung yet. And I was supposed to have tomorrow off to get some of this stuff done, but I'll be working instead. Sigh.

elliput
12-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Almost ready here. I have one gift left to unpackage and prep, a bag to make, and some wrapping to do. I did some of the smaller stuff last week and tonight I put together the basketball hoops (yes, two- one for DD, one for DS) and assembled the RF Retro Rocket. DS was hovering over me while I did it, but he won't know the difference in two days.

jenandahalf
12-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Totally ready - picking up a yule log at the market tomorrow while picking up my lunch, will wrap husbands present with daughter while he's at work tomorrow and the cookie dough is in the fridge where it always is!

jenfromnj
12-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Just about ready gift-wise (all are here, most are wrapped), but need to finish cooking and cleaning for our onslaught of Christmas company. Considering not wrapping the final few of DS's gifts since he'll never know the difference and I am ready to put away the wrapping paper et al.

MontrealMum
12-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Nearly, but man am I already exhausted. :dizzy:

Tomorrow my dad will come (my mom is already here), and I have to do the prep for the side dishes for our Christmas meal since Christmas day itself is just too harried to be doing it then.

I *may* need to pick up a bit more wrapping paper and tape as I have not wrapped DH's gifts yet.

My stocking and DH's are MIA again this year. Oh well.

My dad managed to lose his winter hat at the airport and wants to go shopping for a North Face one ASAP. Not bloody likely on the 24th, or the 25th or the 26th!!! There is a reason I do my shopping early.

We need some more grocery items for the Xmas day breakfast, but DH is sick :( so he's not going to be able to do much to help out. Hopefully my dad is up for a short neighborhood trek in the snow to do these small errands as my mom keeps bemoaning the cold, snow, and ice (totally normal for this time of year). We'll just wrap a scarf around his head :tongue5:

firstbaby
12-24-2009, 02:42 AM
I am totally ready for the first year EVER. I finished my knitting a week ago, I made 4 rag quilts when we were snowed in last weekend, baking has gone out to friends and neighbors, Christmas cards went out today, gifts are made, dishes that we're bringing for family dinners tomorrow are made and everything is wrapped. WHEW. I've stayed up until 2 am every day for the last two weeks to get everything made, bought, ready, etc. I'm hoping that being relaxed over the next couple of days will make it all worth it :) I am kind of giddy that it will take us two minutes to get the Santa gifts out tomorrow - each boy is getting one thing from Santa and the stocking stuffers are already sorted. Normally we're scrambling on Christmas Eve and hoping that the boys don't wake up.

Merry Christmas, all!

BayGirl2
12-24-2009, 02:58 AM
I am ready to entertain! We are hosting the extended family tomorrow night-the first year the party is passed down to our generation. That should be about 30 people. House is set up, bowls and food are ready to be put out, even the ingredients for the main entree (beef stroganoff) are measured and ready to be cooked starting at noon tomorrow. SIL and fiance are staying here and will watch DS while I cook and hopefully help put things out.

Christmas day we are hosting brunch for the immediate family of 14. All the food is bought, we're doing a crepe bar and DH already pre-cooked all the shells. All the presents are wrapped and put under the tree except for an IOU I need to make for DH. Christmas cards are mailed, even found time to bake cookies and make chocolates. We started prepping at Thanksgiving and our super anal organizational skills are paying off. Everything feels very together - and this board is the only place I can brag. :-)

The only problem is that some work stuff came up today so I keep thinking about what I should be working on instead of enjoying the moment. ugghh.

MommyAllison
12-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Nope. Need to finish knitting a hoodie for DD (I think it'll be done), and making a Waldorf doll for DS (maybe will finish in time for Christmas at my parents Saturday afternoon). Still need to walk the boxes of cookies over to the neighbors, and wrap a couple things for DH. Feeling fairly ok about not being done, though. :)

kijip
12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
More than last year. But not all the way done. Need to wrap the Santa gifts. I used the giftwrap stand at T's school (charity fundraiser) to wrap everything that was not from Santa or too large to conceal from T at his school.

After last year anything seems prepared. Last year, 8 months pregnant and unknowingly pre-eclamptic:

12/23- round up more gifts from Salvation Army for overflow families at my work. Pick up more gifts from snowbound donors. Deliver gifts to families till 11PM. Wrap more gifts for other work families.

12/24- Make deliveries all day. Have dad's van breakdown full of gifts. Fix van, drive all day on ice and snow taking chains on and off as we need them. With Toby in car. Get stuck in snow. Give homeless men giftcards to grocery store for pushing us out because I don't have a dime on me. Get home at midnight. Step on scale and realize that water retention is one thing, almost 15 pounds of it in a week is quite another. Call consulting nurse. Call midwife. Promise to stay off my feet all day on the 25th.

12/25- Husband makes 2 last deliveries to my work families. I lay on couch all day. I eat bad food because my brother and his husband did most of the cooking and they think everything needs to cook about 25% longer than it actually does.

12/26- go to hospital for high blood pressure and painful swelling. Plan a c-section for next day.

12/27- F arrives.

So by comparison, I feel super ready and down to earth this year. And no baby arriving anytime soon.

citymama
12-24-2009, 03:58 AM
Happy Birthday to your baby, Katie! One year old - that's a big deal!

I feel more ready than last year when DD's big gift hadn't made it by Christmas day (it arrived Dec 26). I have all the presents, and most of them are wrapped, except the presents from Santa. I actually need to go out and get some different wrapping paper that DD hasn't seen yet! Cookies have been baked and unless I eat them all before tomorrow night (not out of the question), we're set with the Santa treats.

I actually still have about a dozen holiday cards to write and send out. :bag But we ordered cards and got most of them out on time, which is in itself a small miracle!

I have to look for our old camera before Christmas morning - our old one fell to the ground and broke a few weeks ago! :nodno:

But most importantly, I'm off work from Dec 24 till Jan 4, and I am so so SO ready for that! :yay:

sunshine873
12-24-2009, 08:54 AM
So loving this holiday! Last year I was hopeful and excited (22 weeks pg with DD.) Only to have spirits dashed on Dec 27th when my water broke 18 weeks early. Now here we are celebrating with a healthy, happy DD! I am breaking out in tears of joy every few minutes - what a sap! :)

Presents are bought and wrapped. Christmas cards are sent. Grocery shopping is done. I am just about to get started on our Christmas Eve lasagna. Family will be arriving on the 26th or 27th (depending on weather.) I still have some cleaning to do (which I'd like to have done before Santa comes tonight.) But I'm feeling like all of the critical parts are done and I really can enjoy it all from here on. :)

Merry Christmas to all my BBB friends!

jamesmom
12-24-2009, 09:56 AM
All ready, thanks to all the BBB deals that you all posted about!!! With all the deals that everyone posted in the last few months, I got really nice gifts for everyone all with plenty of time to spare. All gifts are wrapped and sitting under the Christmas tree, or shipped in the last few week. Love Amazon prime shipping! My Christmas cookies are baked and the roast is ready in the fridge. Thank you all for a wonderful year!!

KrisM
12-24-2009, 10:22 AM
So loving this holiday! Last year I was hopeful and excited (22 weeks pg with DD.) Only to have spirits dashed on Dec 27th when my water broke 18 weeks early. Now here we are celebrating with a healthy, happy DD! I am breaking out in tears of joy every few minutes - what a sap! :)

Presents are bought and wrapped. Christmas cards are sent. Grocery shopping is done. I am just about to get started on our Christmas Eve lasagna. Family will be arriving on the 26th or 27th (depending on weather.) I still have some cleaning to do (which I'd like to have done before Santa comes tonight.) But I'm feeling like all of the critical parts are done and I really can enjoy it all from here on. :)

Merry Christmas to all my BBB friends!

What a great holiday celebration you will have!

brittone2
12-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Stocking stuff is all together in one bag. Gifts are all wrapped and assembled.

Still need to do some cooking prep-
Making our breakfast casserole, slicing fruit for breakfast
Prepping a few side dishes (nothing crazy)
slice up cheese, veggies, etc. for tomorrow (ILs arrive mid afternoon so we'll have some snacks out for their arrival before our actual dinner)

Pick up carrots for the reindeer (at the co-op). We don't mind going because today is the last day of work for one of my kids' favorite employees before he departs to live in South America working on an organic farm. They made him a card and want to wish him bon voyage so we'd be going anyway ;)

Cook (already frozen) cookie dough balls for Santa cookies
Clean dog hair off of sofa :wink2:

Nothing too crazy though :)

Happy holidays to the BBB :love-retry:

lchang25000
12-24-2009, 11:20 AM
A few more packages are scheduled to arrive today so after I wrap those up we will all be ready!! Looks like we will be having a white Christmas since it's been snowing on/off for 3 days now! :yay: Our snowman from last week is still standing strong!

alexsmommy
12-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Nope. Not even close.
Bedrest this time of year sucks.
A girlfriend is coming over in a few hours to help (bless her) so she wil put the breakfast casseroles together for me, and help wrap some gifts.
DH is working from home, which isn't a big help, but better than nothing (for example, he's taking out the garbage right now so I can continue to make my lasagna in between sitting w/o and overflowing garbage).
I realized last night I have nothing for my brother - I'm going to have to send DH out later and he will not be happy because he really does have to work - but I'll bet money he hasn't done his shopping for me yet, so I can just piggy back on that. It'll be a g.c. somewhere for ease. If my printer was working I'd do an Amazon one and print it.
DSD is about to get a list a mile long of what she has to do to help.
DS1 is still not even remotely close to himself so I'm also managing him.
We hae ice everywhere so my usual trick of calling my father for fill in will not work. I do not want him walking over here on the ice.
About 1/3 of the gifts are in my parents basement - I have no idea how/when I will get them here to sort and wrap.
But you know what - DS1 is healthy, baby still cooking, we have jobs, so I'm not sweating it. It will all fall into place and at the end of the day the kids will remember eating, playing, and family time so it does not have to be perfect.

niccig
12-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Totally ready, but that's because all my stress was last week as leaving to visit ILs. I do think DH is right and we need to start in October to get everything done with less stress.