PDA

View Full Version : Our car is dead!

Melaine
12-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Loaded with gifts, food, etc. We were about to leave but the car won't start....praying that jumping it will work.....otherwise my girls are going to be very VERY sad that we won't be heading off to Great-Grandmas.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Is it cold? Maybe that is giving it some issues???? Sorry, we have had car issues lately, too. :hug5:

Melaine
12-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Not cold where we are....DH is trying to jump it right now. He's never done that before (shocking, I know). It took him about half an hour to realize that our Saturn has it's battery in the trunk! Now he is thumbing through the car manual....

it's not looking good! I think ALL of our neighbors are at work or out of town....there is no one to help.

JBaxter
12-24-2009, 03:09 PM
THis is where AAA comes in

vludmilla
12-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Not cold where we are....DH is trying to jump it right now. He's never done that before (shocking, I know). It took him about half an hour to realize that our Saturn has it's battery in the trunk! Now he is thumbing through the car manual....

it's not looking good! I think ALL of our neighbors are at work or out of town....there is no one to help.

It might be too late for this... but, make sure he jumps the car correctly so he doesn't do more damage or have the battery explode (uncommon). There should be instructions on the battery cable...I've been surprised in my time with how many people don't know how to jump start cars correctly.

Anyway, I REALLY hope your car starts soon!

mommylamb
12-24-2009, 04:12 PM
I hope you're well on your way.

Globetrotter
12-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh no, are you still home? I feel so frustrated for you. HOpe you can get out of there!!

Melaine
12-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys! It took a couple hours, but we were able to get going! It was determined that carrying the big kidkraft Sam's kitchen in the back caused me to leave the back door open slightly, draining the battery....

the pitfalls of shopping!