PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Brand Question: Walking Cradles?

lizzywednesday
12-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I am 6 months pregnant and looking for a dressy shoe to wear to my brother's tres-chic NYC wedding in 3 weeks.

My dress is bronze satin and should be about ankle length; if "bronze" is too vague for you, it's kind of the colour of the brown on a bag of Dove milk chocolate bites. (It arrived from Nordstrom earlier this week; I have yet to try it on ... I'll get right on that tomorrow.)

My standard dress shoes are a pair of 3" satin open-toe pumps by Mootsies Tootsies, but, for obvious reasons (the oh-so-cute baby belly and much less cute mild foot swelling) I am looking for something about 1.5" lower. I am also looking for a more supportive footbed, as I am a pronator (my feet have very little arch, so they roll inward when I walk) ... and ordinarily wear a wide shoe, so shoes that run in widths or have a wider toebox are a must.

My mother recommended Earth Shoes, but I'm not crazy about their looks ... and I really do better with shoes with a heel higher than the toe rather than the toe higher than the heel.

On Zappos, the brand Walking Cradles came up as a "customers who bought Earth Shoes also bought..." recommendation ... SO:

Does anyone here have any experience wearing the brand Walking Cradles?

How supportive is their footbed? Is it rigid, like a Dansko clog, or padded, like a sneaker?

sadie427
12-25-2009, 01:27 PM
No experience w/ Walking Cradles -- I didn't see any very dressy ones on Zappos just now? Sofft and Aerosoles are comfort-shoe brands I've had great luck with and Sofft in particular has some nice dressier pumps. I am not pregnant, but wear my Sofft's all day routinely with no problems. If you are near Nordstroms, you might just go in and explain your dilemma, I know they carry Sofft.

They have some shiny ones that might be dressier, but here's one example:

http://www.zappos.com/sofft-corine-brown-brown

lizzywednesday
12-25-2009, 01:36 PM
I have foul luck with Aerosoles ... I find they run too narrow for me most times I've tried them.

How supportive is the footbed of the Sofft shoe? Is it rigid or padded? (I would prefer something more rigid.)

I really need a lot of support; I was overweight to begin with and now have 18 extra baby-pounds taking their toll on my poor tootsies!

Thankfully, I'm near two nice Nordstrom stores, as well as an independent shoe store that caters to orthopedic problems, so I have resources enough to try things in person, but would like the extra BTDT info so I can go in like gangbusters!

sadie427
12-26-2009, 02:08 AM
I find the Sofft shoe plenty supportive, and I think they do come in wide. It's good you have some stores where you can try on the shoes, good luck!

lizzywednesday
12-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I find the Sofft shoe plenty supportive, and I think they do come in wide. It's good you have some stores where you can try on the shoes, good luck!

Thanks.

It sounds like I need to add Sofft to my list of shoe brands to try. I will know as soon as I put them on whether the support is enough for my foot type.

Thankfully, I have a few weeks to get out to a B&M store to find something that will work! (Just have to stop procrastinating!!!)

boltfam
12-28-2009, 04:38 PM
I have a pair of Walking Cradles, and they have more of a padded footbed. I also have foot issues, so prefer to wear Danskos. I have only worn my Walking Cradles for short amounts of time, so I can't really vouch for how comfortable they are if you're going to be on your feet for a while. The pair I have are somewhat narrow, and I would say they're comfortable.

lizzywednesday
12-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I have a pair of Walking Cradles, and they have more of a padded footbed. I also have foot issues, so prefer to wear Danskos. I have only worn my Walking Cradles for short amounts of time, so I can't really vouch for how comfortable they are if you're going to be on your feet for a while. The pair I have are somewhat narrow, and I would say they're comfortable.

Thank you.

I really would love to wear my Danskos for this, but they do NOT work with my dress ... it's got kind of a Greek goddess feel to it and DH loves it (I tried it on the other day; I need to see a tailor before buying a new bra) but he will NOT love it with my Danskos.

boltfam
12-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Thank you.

I really would love to wear my Danskos for this, but they do NOT work with my dress ... it's got kind of a Greek goddess feel to it and DH loves it (I tried it on the other day; I need to see a tailor before buying a new bra) but he will NOT love it with my Danskos.

:ROTFLMAO:The only downside of Danskos.

Momof3Labs
12-29-2009, 05:02 PM
I found Sofft shoes to be on the narrow side of wide. That is, their wides were too narrow on me, when I can usually fit in a wide in many other brands. May have just been that pair of shoes, or may be how the brand runs. I think that a visit to Nordstrom's is really your best bet since your need is so specific.

michellerw
12-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Softspots might also have something that works with your dress. I was able to wear my sandals with three inch heels until I was 6 mos pregnant, largely because of the support the sandals provided.

lizzywednesday
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Softspots might also have something that works with your dress. I was able to wear my sandals with three inch heels until I was 6 mos pregnant, largely because of the support the sandals provided.

OK, I found a SoftSpots style on Zappos that looks pretty promising, as I will need a closed-toe shoe (can't wear a dress without support hose) but am concerned about mixing suede with satin.

The wedding is next weekend (1/17), so maybe I will be better served by finding a B&M store so I can try them on before shelling out the bucks.