PDA

View Full Version : SO: what did you get? & how was your Christmas morning?

wellyes
12-25-2009, 01:38 PM
We've had a WONDERFUL Christmas morning.

I got some books, an iTrip and LL Bean slippers. Perfect.

DD loved her gifts and was more than content to open just 1/2 of them, so I'll save the rest for her birthday in 3 months. And we got to do an ultrasound reveal to MIL which was such a happy moment.

Hoping everyone had as nice a morning as I did!

dcmom2b3
12-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Happy happy paaaannn-deee-monium! DD was ecstatic this morning with Santa's gifts, and when Nana arrived she achieved a new level of, well, something. It has no description!

hillview
12-25-2009, 02:44 PM
It was pretty great! For some reason there wasn't this awe from the kids I love to see. DS #1 is less in awe than last year and DS #2 still doesn't quite get it. We also purchased LESS than last year (hard to believe). They were both VERY excited and happy. I didn't wrap gifts santa's gifts which was a mistake. Next year I will wrap them.

I got my DSLR Nikon I wanted (HURRAY!) and some clothes DH picked out which I like a lot.

We are having a happy Christmas afternoon.
/hillary

bubbaray
12-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I got a bunch of ski gear -- thermal shirt, ski gloves, socks, etc.

LOVELY Coach zip wallet (woo hoo!)

Running log (OK, NEED this as I've personally eaten about 95% of the Christmas cookies)

teapot

apple peeler/corer from ILs (not sure what that's for)

Leather Roots weekend duffle bag

Recipe book holder

bunch of Body shop stuff in my stocking :)

I did pretty well. Santa did a good job of reading his list, LOL.

MMEand1
12-25-2009, 03:25 PM
No one has opened anything yet and my DH did not get me anything (he asked me what I wanted and I told him that I did not want anything except to go to a half marathon in May, but it will be too expensive - about $800 with airfare, hotel, food, etc). Things have been pretty much low-key here. We are about to go ask some of the neighbors what kind of service we can perform for them...

Have a great day!

shawnandangel
12-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Melissa, Did your inlaws get you the apple corer/peeler/slicer from Pampered Chef? If so, I LOVE it! It's so easy to cut up a few apples and put them in the fridge for DD. When she wants a snack, I just take out some slices. It is also perfect for making pies.

I got a pair of PJ's, slippers and my Kitchen Aid Mixer attachment for my mixer that hasn't come in the mail yet ;)

DD is in LOVE with her play kitchen. She's been playing with it for hours now. I'm so glad I decided to purchase it!

We're going over to the inlaws at 6pm tonight. I hope DD still feels good then. Her nose has been runny all day.

Tondi G
12-25-2009, 04:12 PM
I got a Wii fit, some lucky brand jeans, a robe, a scarf, a couple of reusable shopping bags. I will be able to use my DH's cast iron griddle and re-chargable batteries (which will come in handy on this very battery infused christmas!)

My DS's got thoroughly spoiled by the whole family. We have a house full of new toys and they are thrilled. So far we have one tiny star wars remote control droid that has a bad connection (works intermittently) and one Halo R/C vehicle that doesn't work at all. We always expect SOMETHING to not work as it should!

For my 8 year old he is thrilled with his Club Penguin stuff and his games (DS and Xbox)

For my 4 year old he is thrilled with his bat cave, Zhu Zhu pet stuff and his shake n go extreme speedway.

elephantmeg
12-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I haven't gotten anything yet and the bulk of DD's stuff is still at home. Although santa did come to the PICU with the news crew so you c'vill locals might get a glimpse of her today if they air it. She didn't like santa but sat right up and tore of the paper! She is much better today! :)

caleymama
12-25-2009, 04:20 PM
A very nice Christmas morning here. Lo-key in terms of gifts but DH semi-redeemed himself after getting me nothing from him or the girls last year. He took them out yesterday and they each picked out a couple of things and he picked up an item or two. He did wrap up the stuff I gave him to wrap up for me (some workout type clothes).

The girls love all of their stuff, in particular the zhu zhu pets from my mom, HyperDash, Leapster games, and misc art stuff.

My parents outdid themselves as is typical - I feel like I'm still a kid when we get to their house:
A new desktop computer & 20" monitor for me (mine crashed earlier this fall and I've been sharing DH's laptop)
The battery grip for my DSLR
a tripod
a beautiful scarf from my sis and her DH, knit by the Mom of a friend of theirs
the williams-sonoma pop-up sponges I've been wanting to try after reading about them here
some clothes, a cookbook, and other odds and ends

Heading out shortly to celebrate with extended family at my aunt & uncle's.

Merry Christmas everyone!

jent
12-25-2009, 04:33 PM
She didn't like santa but sat right up and tore of the paper! She is much better today! :)

Glad she is feeling better!

trales
12-25-2009, 04:37 PM
DD got pretty much everything from the Plan toys catalogue and tons of Corell dolls and accesories (she is the only grand and great-grandchild in a generation of 13 65+ aunts etc).

I got an ipod touch, some pottery, cashmere, new phones, wireless and my dad surprised us with a T.V. He bought it for himself when he comes to stay, or so he claims. Our 15 year old 13 inch t.v. is now 32 inches and flat.

viba424
12-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Let me just say I would have liked it if I could sit on a desert island and drink a mai tai if you want to know the truth. I think I would let my parents come. Someday Im actually going to do that. Just you wait. Haha.

JMS
12-25-2009, 04:44 PM
She didn't like santa but sat right up and tore of the paper! She is much better today! :)

I'm so happy for you and your DD that she was able to experience some Christmas joy :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I got a few Ecoist things, a pull-tab purse, a M&M coin purse, and a magazine clutch. I bought it all on sale, Dh wrapped it!:boogie:

mommylamb
12-25-2009, 08:42 PM
We got ourselves a MacBook as a family gift (very excited, but I still need to buy a router, so I'm still on the desk top right now). But, because we were getting that we decided not to do big presents for DH and me. Well, DH didn't stick our guidelines, and sweetly bought me a very nice spa gift card and some other small items. I got him a DVD show he wanted and a book, so I was a bit less generous.

Here is a Christmas funny-- Some of you may remember the story I've told before of my eccentric old aunt who gave me someone's used underpants for Hanukkah years ago. Well, this year, she sent some presents for DS down with another aunt who was visiting my parents and came to our house for Christmas. She got him a cookbook of recipes for homemade cat food. DS is 2.5. Not that that is really an appropriate gift for another age, but it just makes it even funnier. I mean, homemade cat food!! I almost fell off my chair.

jent
12-25-2009, 08:50 PM
apple peeler/corer from ILs (not sure what that's for)

Making pie, of course!

jenandahalf
12-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Tell me you at least have a cat!

My husband got me a Coach purse (that I picked out yesterday!) and a gift card for Jared to get some much needed maintenance done to my rings (finger is now too fat for one and the white gold has faded on the other two). My MIL sent me the same box of chocolates she sends every year that I don't like and a Singstar game I really wanted.

This morning was fun, my daughter had been worried that Santa wouldn't know what she wanted as she waited too long to do her letter. Luckily Santa had managed to find the last Crayola Glowdome in the county last Saturday night so she was in luck!

lchang25000
12-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Requested no gifts for myself this year, but I end up getting a beautiful cashmere scarf. Most of the gifts were for DS. After Xmas breakfast, unwrapping presents, and DS's nap, we went sledding then swimming/soaking in the hot tub. Now we're just waiting for the guys to finish cooking the steak and seafood feast!! What a wonderful and eventful day it has been!

ThreeofUs
12-25-2009, 09:02 PM
We had a fabulous day!

Instead of a morning frenzy, we opened a stocking gifts (all from Santa) and then had breakfast. Then a few more, put one of them together and wrote thank you's. After lunch, a few more. So we were opening presents, putting things together and writing people about how much we liked their gifts until bed time.

And this was a GREAT year! Awesome gifts all around - the kids were happy, I was happy, DH was jumping for joy. Really a very good Christmas in terms of how we handled the day, the fun we had, and the gifts.

I got some DVDs I wanted (Black Adder, John Adams, etc.), a couple pieces of Rosle kitchenware, a few other good things. I must be tired; I've forgotten and DH did a such a good job, too!

PS: Glad to hear Mary's feeling better!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-25-2009, 09:31 PM
the kids love their gifts. dd got the shaft unfortunatly with her rock tumbler, apparently it has to run for 3-5 DAYS during the 1st stage alone. I think she'll be getting the doll from frog princess she wanted at the last minute and a copy of black beauty soon. DS LOVES all his gifts. The battat take apart crane was the big hit of the day.

I got 2 new tires on the van for my gift last week. I also got a flat tire at bass pro shop yesterday and today the kitchen sink stopped draining. Dh got it to drain after much plunging only to now discover that it's leaking through the wall,throught the subfloor and making a puddle in the basement!!!!

Tomorrows our christmas celebration with my side of the family. I think I'll accept that as my do over.l

StantonHyde
12-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Ups and downs. I made a great breakfast--egg/cheese fritatta thingy from a WW recipe and french toast with cinnamon burst bread (yum). DH got me a spa certificate. Not what I asked for, but fine with me.

DH didn't get the message that he was supposed to get DS's gifts. He got
each child 3 gifts. Fortunately, I got DS 2 things. DS had 5 presents and DD had 10. Not good for DS. I just told DH we will make it up to DS. And my brother brought up his gifts, so that was helpful.

Then we went sledding. DD fell off and banged up her face--but kept going. DS and some kids slammed into an ice ball and he has a big goose egg. He was laying there saying "I need medical attention". (his dad is an ER MD) yeesh.

DH and I both got naps. Then I found out that our flight to the ILs has been rescheduled to leave at 8:30 frick frackin in the morning!!!!!! Annnnnd thank goodness I checked the reservations, because I forgot to rent a car. Now that is taken care of.

Did have a good early xmas with my side of the family and had fun at a friends open house last night.

Happy to have healthy kids!!

Corie
12-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Great Christmas here!!!

I got some good stuff from my DH and I didn't even give him a list.

*Burberry rain boots

*Wii Fit Plus

*an attachment thing so I can listen to my iPod Touch in the car

*a new camera (He said I needed a new camera and he picked one out for me.)

*a box of Godiva chocolate. All the pieces are the exact same one.
DH knows that I love the Hazelnut Open Oyster. I know have 32 open oysters.

KrisM
12-25-2009, 11:12 PM
My day started with DS2 being wide awake at 4:30 am! We were up until about 6:30 when DS1 woke up. We woke DD at 7 and I put DS2 down for a nap then.

Two kids opened gifts and had a good time. DS2 joined us about 9am or so and had a so-so time. Most of his stuff is still unopened. Hoping for a better day tomorrow for him.

But, DS1 really enjoyed many of his gifts, including the games. DD was shocked at getting Buterscotch pony, which she named Sparkles.

DH got a new guitar and was very surprised and happy. He is downstairs assembling it now.

I got an Ikea Expedit, which was a surprise and I look forward to putting it together this weekend. I got a few kitchen things as well.

We went to my moms for dinner and DS2 was just not a happy camper. I think he's getting past the worst of it now and am hoping he's better soon.

Happy 2B mommy
12-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Gosh, I don't know. Things got so crazy here hosting the "stray puppy" Christmas (as my one friend calls it) that over 1/2 the gifts are still sitting unopened under the tree!! But we really had a blast today, so it's nice that the presents weren't the highlight of the day.

I got 2 really nice artist-done Christmas ornaments from MIL and some weird close-out wine stuff -like paper napkins that match an apron. ??? I don't get it. But MIL is a 'quantity' person. The ornaments are gorgeous and I love them.

I know I got an iPod from DH, (I know this 'cuz I bought it!) but haven't opened it yet. He also got me 2 other things. I'm really curious because all I wanted was the iPod.

DD opened 1 gift from us, 2 gifts from Santa and gifts from MIL and my dad. She loves the Belle princess doll with horse from Santa and the Discovery toys Castle ball run from DH and me. I have a feeling the play-doh fun factory from my dad is going to be a big hit, too.

ETA
Oh, and the meal for all the "stray puppies" was a big hit. Frozen Costco 'fancy' appetizers, salad, smoked salmon, pork loin, a red pepper and leek strata and the blueberry french toast bake were wonderful! And I LOVED the Red Rooster! A big thanks to all the mamas who made suggestions and posted recipes!

sunshine873
12-26-2009, 12:32 AM
What a wonderful Christmas we had! We went to church last night and DD fell asleep on the way home (it was bed-time.) We had wanted to read her The Night Before Christmas, but she was so tired, and for her that usually means she wants to lay down & be left alone. But we decided to try it. She just sat back in my lap, cuddled with her blanket & sucked on her thumb, watching daddy and the book the whole time. It was adorable and meant a lot to both DH and I. Then she happily went to sleep, while DH and I ate lasagna and drank a lot of wine. :thumbsup:

Today was a leisurely day. We woke up, and slowly went through our stockings. Then DD took nap #1. After that she played with her giant teddy bear that had been waiting by the tree, we had our traditional brunch and then nap #2 (which ended up being a nap for all of us.) Then we finally opened gifts (not a whole lot, as family is coming tomorrow and DD's birthday is in Jan.) Leftover lasagna for dinner (which DD loved) lots of playtime in the tub and off to bed! DH and I played on our new Wii for awhile. Now he's "boxing" while I'm enjoying my BBB time.

My dad had mentioned that they wouldn't come until after Christmas, because we would want our own family time. I didn't really think that was necessary...until today. It was a wonderful, relaxed day doing what we wanted. I couldn't have asked for a better 1st Christmas with DD. I am so content.

kijip
12-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Today was pretty good. We had some friends over for brunch.

We don't exchange gifts with each other but we do small things. This year J surprised me with a framed drawing he did of newborn Finn (he used a photo to draw from, but he is an excellent sketch artist). Toby gave me a card he made plus a Peanuts book he bought, very cool. J also gave me a CD (Talib Kweli) and a Sarah Vowell book. My brother and his partner gave us the sugar and creamer set for our vintage, long discontinued china pattern. My father gave us a ridiculously large basket of fruit. Like I should seriously open a fruit stand large.

I have decided that Christmas breakfast is the absolute best meal of the year. When else can you serve truffles and mimosas with sausage, cranberry relish and cream cheese stuffed french toast, cheesy baked eggs with pesto... and when else are you going to take the time to soften butter, make orange syrup, extricate all the seeds from a huge pomegranate, slice up 4 kinds of fruit and remember to make coffee too? Christmas is the only time. Especially since I was not making dinner- I put it all into breakfast. And we shared it with good friends. It was a great meal and I've declared Christmas breakfast my favorite holiday meal and my favorite meal of the year.

billysmommy
12-26-2009, 09:08 AM
We had a wonderful Christmas. Ds1 woke up at 2:30 and was way too excited to go back to sleep but was able to wait to go downstairs until 5:00 when we all got up. The boys were so excited with all their presents and we spent the day building all kinds of Lego sets and playing cars.

DH always does well with presents and filled my stocking with my absolute favorite socks in all different patterns and each pair had a gift card to all my favorite places ~ B&N, Starbucks, Target, Panera and the spa. I also got an amazing sapphire and diamond necklace in an antique setting that I was not expecting at all....it totally took my breath away.

But the most exciting present was...I'm going to be an aunt!!!

AJP
12-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I got a DSLR - the Nikon I was lusting after. Poor DH kept forgetting the model so he only asked me a million times "which one again?" It was still a great "surprise" LOL. I got a cute top from my BIL with a scarf. My parents, in-laws and other sisters & brother are only allowed to buy for the kids. My real present was watching my girls look at everything and say "wow" over and over! They were overwhelmed!!!!

JTsMom
12-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Ours was nice. This was the first year that DS was REALLY into opening gifts, which was fun. :) He's going through a huge Toy Story obsession right now, and he got several big TS gifts that he flipped over. 1 was a last minute pick that we had to make a special 2 hour trip for, so it was very gratifying that it was such a huge hit. He really loved pretty much everything, and kept yelling out, "Thank you Santa!" :heartbeat:

DH and I decided to only exchange something small this year, so no big surprises for me. We figured our new house is gift enough for us both.

Twoboos
12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
The day was good overall. DDs were exhausted so there was a lot of whining (esp from DD2!). My brother and SIL stayed at our house, we opened gifts with them Christmas eve after DDs were in bed, then in the morning watched the girls open their stuff, ate bfast, and Bro/SIL left to go to her fam. We hung out in our jammies all day long - we are gross and it was wonderful!!

Love my stuff. Got the things I really wanted: Leopard danskos, sweater, Philosophy set, and as a surprise DH got me a Kindle even though I told him not to. (But as he said, he "had to" get me a techno gift. OK then.) Hopefully it will encourage me to read more! It is pretty cool, I have to say.

I got DH Wii Sports Resort as a last minute thing, and I am so glad. We played last night and it's fun - this morning he was skydiving with the girls!! ETA: And DD1 is the new champ of the Swordplay game - she has been watching too much Barbie & the 3 Musketeers!! :)

alexsmommy
12-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Considering the week we had leading into it, it was quite wonderful. Santa didn't get the message in time that DS1 was so sick, so he didn't bring the DS. Mom and Dad did instead (hey, might as well get credit), Papa got him two games for it. Grandma and Grandpa (my parents, and I call my father "Santa Grandpa" year 'round because the man spoils my kids like crazy) brought over as many gifts as Santa and Mom and Dad combined. This included Rock Band for DSD and DS1 and a ride on car for DS2. Yes, they are well loved in my home lol. Thankfully, Grandma and Grandpa are also very into education, so there were tons of educational toys, games, books, kids math calculators, a replacement Learning Resources cash register (ours was loved to death)...
DH - though his shopping for me (the ONLY person he has to shop for) was once again done on Christmas Eve, did well. I was very prepared to be very disappointed since I had, per his request, sent him links to things I really need that could be ordered online which I obviously was not getting. He has a history of doing this and spending Christmas morning making excuses because they are sold out of everything I asked for so I get what he thinks are good substitutes. So spend the month of January doing returns and exhanges. Knowing I couldn't do returns this year (bedrest) I had set my expectations low. Well, after all these years, he FINALLY has figured out my taste. He got me a really nice coat. Not the color I would pick out, but not one I feel a need to return because I will never wear it. He also got a giftcard towards a trip somewhere for the both of us when I wean the new baby (which I'm not sure how he missed that I nurse for at least a year, but the thought was very sweet. I think he also forgot that my parents really don't want to keep the kids overnight until they are over two, but still, he tried and I'll just remind him that both boys went on our "alone" trips with us the first year and we can just bring the baby somewhere). The all important Starbucks giftcard was in my stocking and he actually put thought and effort into my stocking this year. The other really sweet thing he did was get a boy and girl newborn snowsuits, and a few essentials for the baby. I haven't felt he was very connected to this pregnancy so this was a really sweet effort. He's the type to bond immediately and completely once the baby is here, but I feel like half the time he forgets I'm pregnant. Unfortuntely, they are waaaay too puffy to be safe for the carseat so I will return them - but I made some excuse about them being too big for any newborn we produce (3lf 3oz preemie and a 5lb 14 oz 40 weeker) which is true too. Luckily he has gift receipts. Our kids are swallowed in 0-3 month stuff for a good 6-8 weeks (even adjusted for DS1). I was really touched by his effort and feel a little bad that they need to go back. Oh and comfy pj's for post baby since he knows I'll be sitting around the house the first few weeks.
We hung out, ate a yummy fattening breakfast, napped and had our traditional king crab dinner. The kids played all day. It was such a nice change from the stress we had last week.

daisymommy
12-26-2009, 11:28 AM
We had a very nice, noisy Christmas :)

We got Hannah the FP Loving Family Dollhouse and furniture (after reading all the good remarks here), and she LOVED it! We couldn't pry her away from it to open her other gifts or eat breakfast. She ran downstairs this morning and headed straight for it. I'll say that was her winning gift!

Joshua's favorite was the Leapfrog Didj Star Wars edition (thanks to the Amazon bargain hunting mamas here!) He hasn't put the thing down!

And Andrew is very happy with his FP Rainforest mobile. I actually got a shower yesterday without hinm in the bouncy seat in the bathroom with me ;)

I finally got a Garmin GPS so I (hopefully) will no longer be lost everywhere I go.
Books
A silver watch
Mammoth Crocs (wore my last pair until they fell apart)
UGG slippers
soft pajamas (ahhhh...)
2 Natalie Merchant CDs

My Dad, step-mom, brother & his girlfriend came over in the evening for a yummy Honey Glazed Ham dinner and waaaay too many sweets (I went a little overboard, but hey, it's Christmas!).

Joshua and Hannah kept on sneaking cookies and chocolates, and therefor were too full to eat any real food, as well as being too wired to take a nap...sigh...But they collapsed into bed easily by bedtime.

It was so nice to spend the day with family!

bigpassport
12-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Ahhh...sitting down to open presents...DH, MIL, 6.5 month old DS and I...the excitement of baby's first Christmas. DH ripped the paper off his first gift, DS starts to cry. We get DS settled down, then MIL ripped the paper off her first gift, DS starts to cry again. Turns out DS is SCARED by the sound of ripping paper! We got some good photos of him crying, put him down for a nap and opened the rest of our presents. DH dutifully got me the 3 things I put on my list (Debbie Myer Green Boxes, Ugg flip-flop style slippers, and Bare Minerals bisque). Good job, DH. When DS got up from his nap, we helped him open his present...he wasn't as scared when he pulled the paper off himself. We took a photo with all his gifts...hilarious, he definitely looks like an only child:)

lizzywednesday
12-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Just reading everyone's postings here made me exhausted! Sounds like your DC were all well taken care of ... we should be so lucky next year when ours is 9 mos old! (I smell a spoiling, myself, but that's because my ILs tend to go a little overboard. I love them dearly, but sometimes it's a bit much for me!)

I didn't ask for anything this year, as I was too overwhelmed emotionally from all the drama-rama surrounding Baby's heart (which I posted in another thread; thanks again for all your prayers & good thoughts for Baby) that thinking about things for myself was very low on my list of priorities.

However, my DH loves to give presents for no other reason than to see the look on my face when I open them ... he's really good at it, too. The guy is blessed with the shopping & gift karma. As a result, I am one lucky chick!

From DH, I received:

* An on-field replica Mark Sanchez J-E-T-S! home jersey
* A retro-reproduction Yogi Berra 1951 Yankees home jersey (and a very touching note to Baby and me that will get me all choked up for a while)
* A copy of Clarence Clemmons's memoir, Big Man, and BOTH Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives books
* A toaster oven (for 2.5 years, since he made me return the one I received as a wedding shower gift from my aunt, I have been making snotty remarks about wanting toast, etc.)
* A copy of the new Paul McCartney CD Good Evening New York (recorded at his July 2009 concerts at Citi Field in Queens, which we had an opportunity to attend, but I was too sick to be able to go)
* A new charm for my Pandora bracelet (from my stuffed elephant doll; it's an elephant charm)

From the ILs, I received a slew of new maternity tops from Motherhood Maternity ... they are size XL. I have been wearing ON "M" and "L" with no problem; does Motherhood run small? (I would rather not have to exchange any of them because they are very nice and I like them a lot; I'll be trying them on later today.)

And new flannel PJs with a polar bear print. (I love these. Considering I have 2 other pair of flannel PJs with monkeys and penguins on them, they will go with my other stuff just fine!)

From my mother & stepfather, we received the travel system & extra car seat base for Baby (HUGE surprise!) ... and as a special "just because" treat, my mom bought me the now-discontinued AG Kirsten storage trunk & the 2 outfits I have been coveting since I was 10. (Another HUGE surprise!)

My dad gave me 2 books - the Dracula sequel and Shadow of the Wind. I am now well-stocked for all the waiting rooms I expect to be spending the next few months in with all the monitoring they want to do for Baby.

My brother & SIL-to-be gave me the orange Mario Batali Crocs I've been looking at (but was too chicken to buy) for the past year. They will come in REALLY handy when I'm trying to make breakfast for New Year's!

The nieces and nephew seemed to like their gifts ... the 7 y/o niece was especially excited about the hair dryer and the AG Hair book (thank you to Beth a.k.a. egoldber who recommended it!), the 5 y/o niece was excited about the "Puppy in My Pocket" tiger family (thank goodness!) and the 3 y/o nephew was especially excited that Aunt Liz could tell him all the names of his new dinosaurs. (When I was 3, I was crazy about dinosaurs. 28 years later, that hasn't changed.)

Today, I am low-key ... going to wrap the presents for my BFF & her daughter (BFF is getting books; BFF's daughter always gets fun & funky clothes ... thank G-d for outlet stores!!!) and package them for shipping on Monday. And, of course, shower & put on a good bra to try on the dress for my brother's wedding in 3 weeks (!) ... wow!

lchang25000
12-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Then we went sledding. DD fell off and banged up her face--but kept going. DS and some kids slammed into an ice ball and he has a big goose egg. He was laying there saying "I need medical attention". (his dad is an ER MD) yeesh.

:hysterical:Where did y'all go sledding at? We went to Deer Valley Park and had a great time!!

jgenie
12-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm glad to hear so many of us were able to enjoy Christmas. We had a great relaxing day at home just the 3 of us. DS woke up at 2:30 and was up till 5:30 so he and I slept late - me till 8:30 he till 9:00. I woke up to find DH had already made most of what we needed for breakfast so we just chatted and enjoyed the morning till DS woke up. We played with DS' new train set from Grandma for a while then headed to the kitchen for breakfast. After breakfast we opened stockings then presents. The Magnatiles were a huge hit ....... with Daddy. He'd never seen them before and could not stop saying how cool they were. DS enjoyed pulling them out of the box and apart but didn't try building with them yet. I was impressed that we both showed restraint and didn't go over the top with gifts for DS. He had plenty to open and enjoyed the process as much as the gifts. DH and I weren't supposed to get big gifts this year because of the basement remodel but DH didn't follow the plan and got me a gorgeous tennis bracelet. Totally unexpected but beautiful - DH keeps saying it's not a "big" gift. :) DH's big gift from me was the Shutterfly photo book of our family photo session in Central Park. He loved it!! It was a great day spent relaxing and enjoying the biggest gift of all - having a healthy family that was together for Christmas.

StantonHyde
12-26-2009, 10:02 PM
:hysterical:Where did y'all go sledding at? We went to Deer Valley Park and had a great time!!

We usually go to Sugar House Park--the 17th east side. But, I decided to gather up the neighbor's kids--so Popperton Park for us--and then my brother showed up with his girls. totally icy--badddd idea. DD has a big black eye and a bunch of abrasions. yeesh. Nothing like showing up to the inlaws with your kids looking beaten and bruised!!!