PDA

View Full Version : Infant crying in her sleep...normal?

TwoBees
12-25-2009, 06:49 PM
DD constantly cries in her sleep. She always moans and whines and groans in her sleep (as I was told most preemies do), but sometimes she has full on cries, but when I go to check on her, she is silent and her eyes are closed. Is this normal? She was 12 weeks premature and just came home two weeks ago, so she has not actually reached her original due date, if that makes a difference.

doberbrat
12-25-2009, 09:59 PM
idk, dd isnt a premie and is 3w old and does the same things. its madenning b/c it wakes me up or I go running in to get her only to find her sound asleep.

hellokitty
12-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes, two of my kids did this. With DS2 we were totally confused and b/c he cried and awoke during sleep so often, he ended up sleeping in his own room by one wk of age. DS3 does this too, he slept in our room until 4 mo old, but we were ok with it this time around realizing that some babies just do this and so exhausted that I think we slept through his little crying/yelping spells while he was sleeping.

maestramommy
12-26-2009, 05:36 PM
My kids did this too. Laurel in particular, and she was one day past due. I don't know why she does it, she sounds so upset, but when I go in, her eyes are closed, and she's stopped crying.

sunshine873
12-26-2009, 05:44 PM
My DD did it too. (14 weeks early.) Not a lot of full-on cries, but a few. Lots and lots of cooing, whining, moaning, etc. We moved her to her own room fairly quickly after coming home too. Maybe 4 weeks or so. She was such a noisy sleeper! She did it in the NICU too (it just blended in a lot more there - with all of the alarms, etc.) :) Sounds like your little blessing is completely normal, except for being overly anxious to get here - but that will even out in time too (so I'm told!)