PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy the nice, thick wrapping paper?

Corie
12-25-2009, 11:59 PM
I would love to buy some holiday discounted wrapping paper.

Where can I find the really nice, super thick wrapping paper?

The stuff that I bought last year during the Target holiday clearance
was so thin and tore quite easily.

Thanks!

ourbabygirl
12-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I like the Hallmark paper I bought this year for Christmas (bought the dark green plaid and the light blue snowman Peanuts scene stuff)- has the nice lines on the back and is thicker than the cheapy stuff I bought at Michael's last year.

kristenk
12-26-2009, 12:10 AM
I like the papers from The Container Store and Hallmark. I really like the lines on the back of the Hallmark paper. I found some reversible holiday paper at the container store last year and used a lot of that this year. I love getting new wrapping paper, but I've almost convinced myself that I should try to sew my own gift bags to use in the family and stop wasting so much paper.

Momof3Labs
12-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Hallmark paper was historically really good, but last time (probably 2-3 years ago) that I got some discounted, it wasn't as good. I think that they now have a couple of "grades" or qualities of paper sold under the Hallmark name in Hallmark stores, so look for the lines printed on the back to find the better stuff.

Honestly, though, the thickest paper we've found has been from Costco. They won't have it in the stores again until next fall (Sept-ish) but IMO it is as cheap as (or cheaper than) getting Hallmark stuff on sale 50% off.

azazela
12-26-2009, 07:13 AM
I got awesome paper at Ikea a few months ago. I didn't look if they had any Christmas designs but I got some very nice looking, reversible regular wrapping paper. I don't really like the designs on the reverse side, but I think the fact that it's reversible made the paper thicker.

Andi98989
12-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Current has some of the BEST wrapping paper. Nice and thick - love all their "peek-proof" ones. This was one of my main papers this year and it was great; had the cutting lines on the back, too.

http://www.currentcatalog.com/086319.html

LD92599
12-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Hallmark, Container Store and Ikea!

Melbel
12-26-2009, 09:21 AM
I am totally with you. I was just telling a friend yesterday that I will never buy Target paper again because it is too thin and tears easily. My favorite wrapping papers are Costco (just make sure you like the pattern because some of the rolls last FOREVER), Hallmark, and Sally Foster (sold through the kids' school or online).

toby
12-26-2009, 09:37 AM
A friend got some at Michael's that I reused after DS opened his present from her. It was very thick and wouldn't tear (even when we tried)--it was actually kind of frustrating for DS. I know that Michael's has the thin stuff also, but this was red with different sized white dots and it looks kind of shiny.

JTsMom
12-26-2009, 09:59 AM
A few years ago, I bought some from CVS that was excellent, and it was 90% off! They also had some cheaper, junkier stuff, but IIRC, you could kind of tell just by looking at it which was the more high quality type.

athompson
12-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I really like the Hallmark holiday paper that is normally $4.99.

SnuggleBuggles
12-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Very pleased with my Costco paper.

Beth

mom2binsd
12-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Hobby Lobby has great paper, even has a grid on the back for straight cutting.

lizzywednesday
12-26-2009, 01:21 PM
MIL swears by the stuff they carry at TJ Maxx. She gets the foil stuff, which tends to be heavier weight.

(Of course, I get the cheap stuff for the kids' presents.)

Corie
12-26-2009, 06:12 PM
I really like the Hallmark holiday paper that is normally $4.99.

I bought a few rolls of the $4.99 paper today.

alien_host
12-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I also love the costco paper. But we are still working on one of the rolls from like 4 years ago (reversable). I stopped buying the one GIANT reversable roll there and get the 4 pack so I can have a little variety. I was getting very tired of that other roll!

The Costco paper also has the lines on the back which is nice.

The paper I really love is the reversable Sally Foster ones that a PP mentioned, such nice quality but a little pricey, but at least it's for a fundraiser.

Crate and Barrel paper is also great quality and sometimes they have longer rolls which is good for the big gifts.

emily_gracesmama
12-27-2009, 12:18 PM
BJ's wholesale club, if you are a member or know one, had great thick and two sided paper we got a few years ago, huge roll and it'll last fer years

oneplustwo
12-27-2009, 12:28 PM
BJ's wholesale club, if you are a member or know one, had great thick and two sided paper we got a few years ago, huge roll and it'll last fer years

I bought two of those ginormous rolls at BJs earlier last week. The quality of the paper is awesome.

michellerw
12-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I just bought the heavy stuff at Target right before Christmas because we were totally out. Their heavy stuff is great, but I made the mistake of buying their regular stuff too and it ripped really easily. Stick to the heavy stuff at Target, even though there's less on the rolls.

Usually I buy paper at BJ's and I've always had very good luck with it.

jenfromnj
12-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Current has some of the BEST wrapping paper. Nice and thick - love all their "peek-proof" ones.

I second Current! They have really good quality paper, and the rolls are big enough to last a good while, but not so big that you will be wishing it was gone after using it for 4 years.

MelissaTC
12-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Costco! Love/hate with the amount but it is good for consistent "Santa" paper. Rolls last FOREVER and it is nice and thick.

MamaKath
12-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Costco! Definitely pick the reversible with a pattern that can be used throughout the year. Even using it all year long it last FOREVER!

firsttimemommy
12-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Costco! Definitely pick the reversible with a pattern that can be used throughout the year. Even using it all year long it last FOREVER!

Costco Costco Costco!!! Love it. Worth every penny even at full price- there is a ton on a roll!

SpaceGal
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
I just bought some from Sam's Club after Christmas. I got some Hallmark reversible ones and foiled ones....all for like $5 a roll. I tell you the paper has to be HEAVy cuz those rolls are HEAVY. I didn't use it yet but I'm excited to use it next year...and I was thrilled to find paper that said "from Santa". So I won't have to ever worry abotu using Santa paper and it will last forever cuz it's a huge roll...I think like 200 or so.