PDA

View Full Version : Your assessment of the after Christmas sales. Winners and losers?

viba424
12-26-2009, 07:10 PM
We didnt go to a lot of places because the inlaws were here and it is snowing. But once we got out we managed to walk through a few places. Im interested to see how you all came out today.

Hits:

Anthropologie - lots of cute knick knacks, pretty $40 pillows and amazing embroidered linens ($10). They had jewelry boxes and gougeous baby girl dresses too! Not so good - Christmas items were definitely not the best deal of the day. Ornaments were half off but still very pricey...like $9 per ornament on sale! Ill wait. There is an owl ornament Im going to stalk for a couple more weeks.

Luluemon -Sort of a hit. scored an awesome black small duffel bag for 50% off ($40) and almost got a fun workout shirt but decided to wait. We actually went to two Luluemons by accident. The first one was very lame but the second larger store had a lot better stuff. DH hates that place. Haha.

Banana - Lots of peple walking around on the street with bags, but we didnt make it in. Wonder if they had a good sale.

Misses:

Barneys - nothing good on the main floor at all, and dead. I wasnt at all tempted to go upstairs and root through clothes with a bunch of stuck-ups today. Last two years were awesome there. Ive gotten some killer stuff in years past but since my local Barney's moved to a new building accross the street, all of the magic and charm has inexplicably gone away. First floor is boring - merchandise is too segregated and sparse. Jewelry department is also too big and there is always a rude, yucky vibe in the shoe department that wasnt there before.

Oilily - Picked over to death. A few sad customers picking through the bones of the wreckage I left behind with all my awesome sale purchases over the last few weeks. First time I left that store without buying anything. Lots of great deals on bags, though. All of them were about $60. Pretty gaudy but fun. The best were the embellished young girl backpacks and lots of diaper bags and purses. Seems that they got a big shipment in from other stores in the last week. Not much else by way of deals. Im worried about them a little when they switch to their new store "Quelavi". People might not get it. They still carry $125 toddler jeans (elf brand?) - but without the quirky stuff Oilily is known for.

Williams Sonoma - Biggest fail. I was so disappointed because I love to go there and get at least one unnecessary kitchen gadget and towels every year. Soap and lotion sets were still $32! OMG! No towels either! Last few years they had a half dozen colors on clearance. Nothing! Food items still extremely overpriced. Tins of clearance cookies were still $20. Cute little 3-pack of mini rubber scrapers were still $15! The checkout line was long too. Forget it!

tnrnchick74
12-26-2009, 09:18 PM
HITS:

Target - GREAT deals on LED christmas lights & ornament sets. Got a tree for 75% off.

Kohls - their brand of blue jeans with the "super slimming" panel in the front, dark wash, boot cut that fit me like a GLOVE (even better than the Levi's and Lee's) for $15!!!

6 pk gold toe socks for women for $11! (regularly $18)

"Barely There" undies for $6 - 2/pk (normally $18).

Misses:
Kmart - not much to choose from & all holiday only 50% up, but over priced to begin with.

Walmart - no real deals on storage for christmas supplies like at Target; no lights left; only deals on wrapping paper...this was at 0800 this morning too!

WatchingThemGrow
12-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I got an Advent Calendar (http://www.target.com/Nativity-Scene-Advent-Calendar/dp/B002HFUC3G/sr=1-3/qid=1261880766/ref=sr_1_3/187-5028860-0691723?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aadvent&page=1)/box thing from Target with a nativity scene on it for $12.xx. I'm going to reglue the knobs in it and stick activities in the boxes before putting it away for next year. Most of the ones left in the store didn't have all the knobs intact.

Also got a roll of plain red paper for $1.50. I think I read somewhere to wrap everything through the year in red and just customize the type of ribbon. Saves on wrapping paper space.

Sam's had toys for very cheap, including $10 princess costume sets with shoes, tiara, want, dress, and Tinkertoys for $20.

mecawa
12-27-2009, 09:15 AM
I've been to busy to venture out, but scored a sweater for DD1 from Gymbo for $0.00 dollars(all sweaters on sale for 15, and I had a 15 dollar rewards coupon that had to be used by the 26th and free shipping). I've never had an order summary of $0.00 in my life, i was so psyched!!!

veronica
12-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Not much here . I had a return to do at TRU (no line :yay:). I stopped at the red balloon sale at gymboree and picked up 4 complete outfits for nephew, two dresses for DD, two t's and hoodie for DS, and about 10 other tops/bottoms for DD for $103. It was great. the computers were down for the sale and the prices weren't coming up so the mgr was instructed to use their "discretion" on whether pieces were supposed to be 6.99 or 3.99. I got all but three pieces for 3.99, used a 20% coupon on top of it and my gymbo visa gave me 5% more off. Nice!

I didn't go anywhere else since I'm trying to be good......

alien_host
12-27-2009, 11:46 AM
So far I've skipped Target b/c I don't really need any christmas stuff...

I did go to the Mall yesterday.

Busts
PB and PBK - nothing worth buying. At PB ornaments were only 30% off...forget it!

Williams Sonoma. a bust, nothing on the cheap or good

Crate and Barrel. By the time I arrived at 11 it was very picked over.

Decent sales:Gap was an additional 40% off marked down stuff...not sure if this was Baby Gap too or just adults

Ann Taylor had addtional 40% off everything. Didn't get anything though

Loft was addtional 25% off everthing.

Gymbo---got a few good summer things for $4.99 each.

I skipped CVS b/c I don't want to load us up with a bunch of stuff...although I should buy a few strings of lights.

shawnandangel
12-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Gymbo was a big hit for me. 99 cent summer hats, 49 cent socks, $3.99 swimsuit, and lots of other good stuff for summer. Oh! A watch for DD for 99 cents as well.