PDA

View Full Version : Teutonia vs Bumbleride flyer

chan04
12-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I'd love any input, as Ive been stuck on this decision for a bit & would love to hear from anyone with experience. i have a 34 month old, as well as an 11 month old. I need a stroller (mainly for the baby of course) that faces forward, so I narrowed it down to these two, as they also sit very upright, and my babies love that. I'm stuck for two reasons - the Teutonia of course has much better wheels/smoother ride, but it cannot take a ride-on kiddie board. The Bumbleride can, but with the steering/wheels issues I've heard about, I'm a little hesitant. I live in a place with alot of hills & bad sidewalks, and I don't want to be fighting the stroller's steering all the time. Any advice or experience?
TIA!!!

chan04
12-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Oops, sorry, I meant a stroller that faces both ways :)

chan04
12-27-2009, 10:21 AM
anyone? please help an obsessed mom make a decision & end the madness!

MamaBear
12-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I know you've narrowed it down, but are you still open to considering others? I have a Bug Cameleon from my first child (now 3), and we bought a Mutsy for our newborn. Both reverse, and both take a toddler board.

PeppyParents
12-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi,

Based upon everything you're wanting, adding hills and bad sidewalks, I think you should only be considering models that have larger rubbery wheels (either pneumatic or rubber stretched over foam), not the EVA wheels of a Flyer. Without the bad sidewalks, it'd be a decent choice - the quirky steering in reverse facing was resolved in the 2009 model year.

The 2010 UPPAbaby Vista coming in late January has a more upright seat that is reversible, and has an optional riding board. The 2010 Vista seat also has more growing room for the child, compared to earlier models.

Mutsy 4Rider is an option similar to the Teutonia.

If you're willing to give up a reversing seat, maybe the Baby Jogger City Elite? Great for neighborhood walking, easy fold, very comfortable seat (but not as upright as the other models). And Baby Jogger's riding board is coming out in January.

Hope that helps!

AnnieW625
12-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I have a 2007 Vista and I love it. We plan on getting a ride on board, and the tires are great. At 3/1/2 DD still sits in it, and I am sure would fit even better in a 2010 model. You will get a lot of use out of the stroller. You might also look at the Valco Trimode, or the Valco Lattitude.

chan04
12-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I am kicking myself a bit for having gone ahead and bought the Flyer before checking back in (too impatient!), especially as the store I got it at charges a 30% restocking fee for returns :(
Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with it...