PDA

View Full Version : ISO Dessert Ideas

almostamom
12-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Some friends invited us to their cabin for a night. My friend wants to make dinner, but I thought I could make some dessert to take up with us. It's about a 1 1/2 hour drive, so it needs to be something that can travel well. Here's the catch - food allergies. Her son is allergic to dairy and mine is allergic to all nuts, citrus, berries and chocolate. Can anyone think of any desserts that don't include those ingredients? I'm drawing a blank.

TIA,

Linda

pinkmomagain
12-27-2009, 12:32 AM
My dns have a few food allergies and rice krispie treats always are a safe bet for them. Also, the Cherrybrook Farms mixes I believe are nut free and dairy free.

trentsmom
12-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Meringue cookies.

Is margarine dairy-free? If so, you could make cookies using margarine instead of butter.

DrSally
12-27-2009, 10:43 PM
There's an applesauce cake receipe floating around here--no dairy, eggs, nuts, choc, etc. I have added banana and shredded carrots, made it into a cake or muffins. You can keep the frosting off a few. Or, I've used cool whip as a topping.

clc053103
12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Make the rice krispie recipe but using cinammon toast crunch, margarine, marshmallows, and after sprinkle with a little cinammon. it's my go-to for kids coming over with nut/dairy/egg allergies.

happymom
12-29-2009, 05:59 PM
There are some margarine brands that are dairy free- you could definitely make cookies using margarine- I do it all the time. You could also make any dairy free cake- just substitute soy/rice milk for the regular milk in the recipe. Again, I do it all the time and it works just fine. Tastes the same IMO.