PDA

View Full Version : Laugh and learn home/kitchen/farm question

eda
12-27-2009, 12:26 AM
What would you do?

We got all three laugh and learn playsets. The home, farm and kitchen. Each family member got us one. Would you keep them or return two of them. I really wanted to get my DD the rose petal cottage but everything would be too much. I think.

wellyes
12-27-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd keep one. No benefit to having more than one that I can see. You have a generous family!

mommyp
12-27-2009, 12:45 AM
I'd keep just one of them. FWIW, we've had the home for a year now and it still gets a lot of play.

deannanb
12-27-2009, 01:37 AM
we have the home and like it -

and unless you have the space for 3 - I'd take 2 back!

wildfire
12-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Pick the one you think is the most fun and return the other two. We have the home, although if they had the barn a year ago, we'd probably have gotten that. DD loves animals.

willow33
12-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I agree....I would keep one and return the other two. DD got the Laugh & Learn Home for Christmas and seems to love it. Even her big brothers are having fun playing with it :)

mecawa
12-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I would keep one and return the other two, unless you have the space for all of them, they take up a bit of room.

Krisrich
12-27-2009, 11:33 AM
I'd keep just one, as well. DD has the home and LOOOVES it! But, maybe she'd love the others, too. But I think just one is sufficient.

neeleymartin
12-27-2009, 11:41 AM
i say keep one and return the other two. the home is a huge hit here. the kitchen was not at all. the farm looks cute, but i have no btdt to share. personally i think the home is your best bet.

smiles33
12-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I'd keep the house over the farm, as we had the house for DD1 but I sold it. We got the farm after the Target/aol sale and it's not as fun IMHO. There are several similarities, but I think the house is still better. For instance, I think the mailbox is more fun than a cow's mouth. The window and the door on the house opened/closed, whereas the farm only has the gate that swings open.

eda
12-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone that is what I will do we will only keep one. Another question there are no receipts where would you return them? I feel to guilty asking the in-laws for them......

MommyAllison
12-27-2009, 06:12 PM
No receipts is tough - I don't know what stores accept no-receipt returns anymore. I'd probably make DH ask the ILs if you really want to return them, otherwise you could sell them on Craigslist. Or if the ILs live close and you visit often, leave one at their house?

wellyes
12-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Ask for receipts or better yet, have your husband do it. Just say it's a great gift but it's a duplicate and you are going to get her ______ instead. I'm sure the intent of the gift-giver was to make the child happy so there's no shame in asking for a return receipt in this instance.