PDA

View Full Version : Question on Playmobil Advent Calendar

alien_host
12-27-2009, 01:05 PM
So do you store the pieces back in the box and reuse it the following year? Or is it meant to be kept out and used?

Just curious what people are planning on doing.

TIA!

SnuggleBuggles
12-27-2009, 02:36 PM
We do the Lego one and once it is done, we keep the toys and integrate them into our Lego collection. We buy a new one the next year. Ds does like to keep the box for some reason but never uses it.

Beth

hillview
12-27-2009, 03:03 PM
We had the playmobil one last year and didn't reuse it. I think it'd be sort of a pain but I am lazy ;)
/hillary

hellokitty
12-27-2009, 03:28 PM
OMG, I do not even think I can manage to track down all the PM advent calendar pieces now, even if I wanted to!

daphne
12-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm planning to re-fill & re-use it next year. We are missing a few small pieces (2 birds), but I don't think they'll notice.

Seitvonzu
12-27-2009, 04:39 PM
we're going to put the pieces back in the box and give it a go again next year-- we had such fun watching the scene evolve!

i DO have the fairy advent calender in addition to the santa one....so we might do that one next year, in addition to this one. i can't believe we haven't lost any of the pieces, but so far so good :)

alien_host
12-27-2009, 05:10 PM
DD loved opening each day and setting up the scene. Although she hasn't played with it much outside of putting the new figure on it...she played with it immediately after each new item was opened but not really much outside of that.

I think I might package it up and maybe do it again next year....although I also bought the Lego Advent and in retrospect feel like I should have had her do that one instead. It was a toss up as to whether she'd prefer Lego or Playmobil, I'm still not 100% sure yet.

I should probably pack it up now before pieces get lost.

awoodm
12-27-2009, 10:50 PM
We just integrated the Playmobil with his other Playmobil toys. We really enjoyed it, and will get another one next year- maybe tryout the Lego one though.

katydid1971
12-27-2009, 11:37 PM
We have the Santa set so I'm going to pack it up and reuse it next year. I was surprised how much DS enjoyed opening the boxes each day and setting up the scene. I think DS will enjoy it again next year and then it will be a nice treat for DD (she'll be three then). I'm think I can get 4 or 5 years out of it and since I bought it for $10 last January after Christmas it works out to $2 each year, not bad. :thumbsup:

Karenn
12-27-2009, 11:40 PM
We're on our second year with our playmobil one. It's woodland creatures or something? The kids treated it like a nativity set and everything stayed in the living room so it'll be pretty easy to pack it up again.

Corie
12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I have an older Playmobil advent calendar that had little boxes. A little
box numbered for each day. I reused this advent calendar for several years.

This year, I bought a new Playmobil advent calendar. (So we ended up
doing 2 Playmobil calendars plus a Lego one.)

The new Playmobil calendar did not have the little boxes. It had the little
doors that you had to punch out. For me, this makes it harder to reuse.
On alot of the doors, my son poked it too hard or tore off the tiny handle part.
I don't think it would make it another year.

We put the 2 Playmobil calendar pieces in their daily Playmobil bins. The
same with the Lego pieces.