PDA

View Full Version : Princess Gift Ideas Please

ray7694
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Need gift for a 3 yo birthday. Into princesses but not really disney. Any ideas?

jenmcadams
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Depending on how much time you have, you could do a personalized princess cape from Superflykidz.com

newnana
12-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Dress ups are always a hit. TJ Maxx/Marshall's typically has kit's for about $12 that have tiaras, gloves, clicky shoes, junk jewelry, etc. and they are non princess specific.

The dollar stores sometimes have princess coloring books that are generic princesses. Art supplies are always a hit and you could get those to go with it.

hollybloom24
12-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Melissa and Doug makes a "Make Your Own Princess Mirror" kit that is cute and fun. There are lots of jewelry boxes and other girly things that have princess motifs.

Twoboos
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
M&D also has a magnetic princess dressup doll -

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2486631&CAWELAID=107513471

amandabea
12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
We have every imaginable princess item.

Things most frequently played with are dress up stuff - dresses, cape, wands, tiaras, boas, shoes, etc. We have and love the Little Adventures dress-up dresses for DD and her doll. She just got a Superfly Kidz princess cape and seems to like it. I'd also recommend random princess items like, coloring books, books, movies (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Tinkerbell, Dora & the Snow Princess, etc.), jewelry, jewelry box, chapstick, backpack, suitcase, blanket, clothing (princess jamies are very popular at our house), toothbrush, comb, mirror. I could go on and on as DD is obsessed.

I'm not sure where she encountered them, but DD LOVES the Disney princesses. I try to stay as generic as I can.

MamaMolly
12-27-2009, 11:42 PM
DD is 3 and loves to be a 'pwincess'. She likes tu-tus, tiaras, wands, bracelets, necklaces, etc. In a pinch she'll take her lovey blanket and use 2 clothes pins to wrap it around her waist. For Christmas my dad sent a sparkly dress up dress, $1 store shoes (I hate them) another tiara, satiny gloves and a sparkly pocket book. It can't have cost $15 and is tacky as all get out but she is so stinkin' adorable it all of it. I lurve to see her in it! :heartbeat:

Right now we aren't doing Disney princesses, just generic ones. She has a few random toys with the Disney princesses and DD has asked me their names but other than that she's just not interested yet. DD also has the Dora Snow Princess DVD but there is a witch in it and she thinks it is scary and won't watch it.