PDA

View Full Version : Best bottle system?? Please help!!

pinkflamingo
12-27-2009, 06:12 PM
OK- with DS8, we used and loved Avent. Now, I read that they leak- not sure if something has changed in the past 8 years but we need a new bottle system. What do you guys like the best? Also a good drying rack/organizer would be awesome.

JBaxter
12-27-2009, 08:07 PM
All 4 of mine used different bottles. DrBrowns are what DS4 likes. Ds3 used ventair, Ds2 used regular gerber, ds1 used playtex drop ins.

Avent leaked for me horribly

Will you be breastfeeding?

Tondi G
12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
we were very happy with the playtex nursers with the drop in liners!!!! Safe plastic, less to wash and we didn't have any leaky issues!

Momof3Labs
12-27-2009, 08:22 PM
We used Avent with both boys and hated how they leaked if you didn't get the collar tightened just right. With the girls, we started out with Soothies, which were fine but IMO not the best if you are also bf'ing. We then switched to Playtex drop-ins which I like better - and involve a lot less cleaning.

pinkflamingo
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Yup, I will be breast feeding for at least the first 6 months. I have a medela pump in style from DS that I will be using if that makes any difference. :) thank you for the feedback!

JBaxter
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I have read that some bf babies do better with the wide mouth bottles. Mine did not. They needed the regualr nipple to get a good latch/suck. I use both the medela bottles and the dr brown bottles with Jack. They are very soft nipples which he likes.

SnuggleBuggles
12-27-2009, 09:44 PM
We used the drop ins. It meant having to buy less stuff/ have less clutter. Ds was bf so rarely got bottles. The drop ins worked fine.

Beth

kristac
12-27-2009, 09:49 PM
We are using playtex dropins as well. Love being able to pump straight into the bag.

catsnkid
12-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I use AVENT no problems, just make sure they are on tight.

Lmans77
12-30-2009, 12:11 PM
I used Avent and Playtex drop-ins for my DD who was bf. However, my Avents are the old ones with BPA and I am trying to minimize the waste of the Playtex.

For my new baby due soon, I am going to try the First Year Breastflow bottles. I've heard good things so hopefully the new baby will like them.

boltfam
12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
My ds liked the wide-mouthed ones, and when Avent was replacing all their bottles with non-BPA ones, we tried the Born Free bottles. I really liked those, but DS was mainly breastfed so being able to pump right into the bag wasn't a big deal for me. If you're going to be pumping a lot, the playtex drop ins sound like a good option.

dna_gal
12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
We decided to avoid plastic altogether and got the Born Free glass bottles, which I really like. No leaks at all so far and really easy to clean. I breastfeed so she really only gets bottles at daycare. Fortunately our daycare allows glass, though I know that some do not. My DD didn't like the Born Free nipples though, or the Avent nipples. Through trial and error we found that she likes orthodontic nipples (MAM) so I just use the glass bottles and change out the nipples.

wendibird22
12-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Used Avent w/ DD1 nril the BPA issue. Switched to Medela and will be using Medela w/ DD2.

mblackwell
01-01-2010, 02:47 AM
The new clear AVENT BPA-free ones seem to leak less than the yellowish ones. They both leak if not put on right, but the yellowish ones were horrible at first. The yellowish ones are better after some usage. I also like the Playtex Ventair, but the printed measurements are wearing off after being run in the dishwasher a few times.