PDA

View Full Version : Convertilbe seats - britax blvd or marathon?

Beth_in_CT
12-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I am stuck and cannot decide between the 2. I like them both! DD is a peanut - 26 inches and 15 pounds at 10 months (we could almost just go with the diplomat!). What do you all think?

lorinick
12-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I would skip the DA. I have both the MA and BV. I like the BV better. I love the side impact protection. Ds looks more comfy in it as well. Both are great seats. But I like the BV better. I think it is worth the price difference.

jjordan
12-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I prefer the boulevard. The side impact "wings" and no rethread harness are very nice, and with a little one, you might even want to use the infant padding for a couple of months. You can usually find a good sale and get one for about $220.

vonfirmath
12-28-2009, 04:20 PM
I prefer the Marathon. Some kids complain about their head being propped forward by the pillow on the Boulevard.

AnnieW625
12-28-2009, 06:53 PM
My daughter screamed bloody murder for 18 mos. (from 12 mos. or so until 2/1/2) in her Marathon. It really made me hate that seat. I know I am in the minority here but that experience made me never want to buy another Marathon. At the same time DD was in her Evenflo Triumph 5 (smaller but now discontinued sister to the Evenflo Triumph Advance) and she never once complained in that seat. She has been in a Britax Frontier in my car since October, and in DH's since February and she has never once complained about that seat. She is a big car sleeper and loves the headwings, and I love the no rethread harness.

If you have a small compact car and are tall then the Diplomat might be your best best. We have an 01 Corolla and couldn't get our Marathon in there rearfacing in the center as DH is tall and needed his seat all the way back.

codex57
12-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I prefer the Marathon. Some kids complain about their head being propped forward by the pillow on the Boulevard.

That's the old Blvd. They redesigned it so the head doesn't get pushed out as far.

I prefer the Blvd (I have the newer version). I like the side protection and the no rethread harness. Doesn't seem to block DS' view.