PDA

View Full Version : Are you rings engraved?

JBaxter
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I had DH's ring engraved and didnt let him see it till the wedding reception...

Our love is bigger than golf

vludmilla
12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
No, they are not. No particular reason, we just had no desire to do it.

jenandahalf
12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Ours has our names and the date of our wedding with a little heart at the end.

And he still got the day of our anniversary wrong the other day (admittedly he got it mixed up with baby's Edd which is 2 days later but still!)!

caleymama
12-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes, with our initials and wedding date.

It's nice except neither of us wears the bands that are engraved any more! DH's wedding band is bent and scratched and has been taken off and put away for safekeeping. I recently surprised him and replaced it with a more durable one. My band that's engraved is actually a wrap for my solitaire and after breaking a prong on the solitaire I had to have the set taken apart (they had been soldered together) in order to be fixed. I didn't have them re-attached and the wrap isn't comfortable and doesn't fit as well with the solitaire when not attached so I have been wearing just a plain gold band with my solitaire. I do miss the wrap for sentimental reasons, but it was wide and bothered the inside of my pinky finger.

JTsMom
12-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes. Mine has his initials, a heart, then my initials and our wedding date. His has the reverse.

jenandahalf
12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Mine lost his original in the ocean on the vacation we took for our first anniversary. I had the replacement engraved with the same but the place I got it couldn't do the same font so they don't match anymore.

wellyes
12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
No.

My parents have "One hand, one heart" - Tony & Maria's psuedo-wedding song from West Side Story, which was a song from when they were teenagers. I always thought that was sweet. We just didn't have anything comparably romantic to put on our rings.

billysmommy
12-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes
Ours have our wedding date and a little saying. We had them done as a surprise and each of us didn't know the other was doing it. We showed each other at the reception and we'd each picked the same thing...lol. "My love, My life"

Our jeweler is a friend of DH's family and he had the hardest time not telling anyone :)

mecawa
12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Our's are engraved, but just with the date.

infomama
12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
yes they are. our initials and our wedding date.

Moneypenny
12-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Ours are not engraved. We don't have any strong opposition to it or anything, just also didn't have any strong desire for it either.

hellokitty
12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I had DH's ring engraved. However, he was not able to engrave mine, since the band was too narrow on my ring. He got me a beautiful 5 diamond band for our 10 yr wedding anniversary gift this yr and forgot to engrave it.

stefani
12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes.

Mine has DH's & My first names engraved in it.
DH's has My & DH's first names.

No dates.

trentsmom
12-28-2009, 03:17 PM
DH's is engraved with our initials and wedding date. He wanted it done since his father's ring was engraved with the same, only no one knew it until he died because his father never removed his wedding ring. So DH has also never removed his wedding ring. He said I was the one to put it on him, and I will be the one to take it off of him. :love5:

maestramommy
12-28-2009, 03:36 PM
No they're not, but I don't know why. Seems like we would've thought it very romantic back then!

KpbS
12-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Yes, mine is w/ DH's first name and our wedding date. His was engraved initially, but DH is on his 3rd/4th wedding band (after losing the others--at the beach, canoeing, etc.) and it is just a cheapie band that needs to be replaced with a nicer, engraved one.

elizabethkott
12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
No, but I wish they were. :( If I could think of a way of absconding with dh's ring for an extended period of time without him noticing, I'd have it done as a surprise. It might be kind of funny to swipe his ring and wait to see when he notices, and *if* he tells me, or just runs around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to find it before I "notice".
But I'm evil like that. :)

wendibird22
12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Yes, both of our bands are engraved with our wedding date and 1 Cor 13...the passage from 1st Corinthians that starts Love is patient, love is kind... we had this as one of our readings.

SnuggleBuggles
12-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Initials and dates. Wanted more but they couldn't fit on what we wanted.

Beth

zag95
12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Yes- we have our initials and the date..... on both of our rings

elephantmeg
12-28-2009, 05:21 PM
initials and date here too. And we both still have/wear ours too. My dad lost his within the first 6 months so I think we're doing good!

salsah
12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
yes. i have dh's name and our wedding date, he has my name and the wedding date.

C99
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Nope. Couldn't decide what to do before the wedding and figured we could always do it later for an anniversary gift. When anniversaries roll around, we're still not inspired. Plus, at this point, I am not sure I could get mine off (not a comfort band).

AnnieW625
12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
no, thought about it but never had it done.

kijip
12-28-2009, 06:49 PM
J's says: By My Side, M/DD/YY (wedding date), which is from a Ben Harper song. Ben Harper is a huge part of to the soundtrack of our relationship.

Mine says: I count myself lucky, which is a long winded inside reference that I find exceedingly sweet.

We each picked the other's engraving and it was a surprise.

hillview
12-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Nope. I wish I had done the date :)
/hillary

firsttimemama
12-28-2009, 07:57 PM
ours each say NMW

no matter what

mamicka
12-28-2009, 08:01 PM
ours each say NMW

no matter what

Awww, I like that.

Ours are not engraved. I'm not sentimental enough to do anything like that after the fact & I was too young & immature at the time to think of it.

Gena
12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Ours have our first names and our wedding date. We each put the other one's name first.

MamaMolly
12-28-2009, 09:58 PM
DH's is. It says I :heartbeat: U and mine used to be but the ring was stolen. The wedding ring and engagement ring were soldiered together, so they are both gone. We replaced the engagement ring first with a big sparkly number, and he replaced the band last Christmas with a plain band. Mine used to say 'Ooooh loves' which is how his family says I love you (from when an uncle was a tiny kiddo) Super cute from a pretty practical bunch.

Corie
12-28-2009, 10:07 PM
No, our rings are not engraved.

jgenie
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Ours aren't engraved. My wedding band has diamonds inset all the way around it so we couldn't engrave it and didn't think of just doing his.

sdjeppa
12-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Yes. Both have "Me to We" and the date.

Jenny, Mommy to Z 9-27-03, and #2 due in June

MelissaTC
12-29-2009, 12:33 AM
DH's band is engraved. It says "Because you love me". Mine is too thin and so he was unable to do anything.

catroddick
12-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Yes. We picked the engraving for each other's rings and saved it as a surprise.

DH's says: "Day After Day, I'll Always Love You So", which is from the Dean Martin song that we played for our first dance.

Mine is still a sore spot. DH likes to joke that he proposed in 1999, since the world was going to end on 12/31/2000 (Y2K), and so he'd be off the hook. If you haven't noticed, it didn't, and he wasn't. My ring says "Y not 2k?". He thought himself oh so funny, until he saw how sweet his ring was, and then immediately admitted that it's stupid.

MontrealMum
12-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Yes, with our initials and the date of our wedding. We didn't have much room to work with as my hands are very small, and we wanted them to be exactly the same.

LexyLou
12-29-2009, 01:28 AM
I engraved my DH's with "Passionately Yours". It's a Blue's Traveler song we loved. He couldn't engrave mine since it's an eternity band.

He lost his ring right before our 5 year wedding anniversary. It's been over 2 years and I'm still annoyed with him, lol. He wears a cheap titanium band now. No engraving.

LightMayo
12-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, we are big Barenaked Ladies fans, so my ring says "If you call..." and his says "...I will answer". Both have our wedding date, too.

MaiseyDog
12-29-2009, 03:42 PM
DH's has our initials and wedding date. When we dropped them off to get engraved, they were both supposed to have that. DH called the jeweler after we left and changed it so mine says -All my love. I didn't know he had changed it until we were on our Honeymoon. I just assumed it had the initials/date, and in the excitement of the wedding festivities, he forgot to tell me to look at it.

LexyLou
12-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes, we are big Barenaked Ladies fans, so my ring says "If you call..." and his says "...I will answer". Both have our wedding date, too.

I love this song. It was a toss up between that one and the Blues Traveler song. Now I have it in my head. :)

StantonHyde
12-29-2009, 11:15 PM
The rings are enough :D no engraving

bluestarfish18
12-30-2009, 08:36 AM
We were married on Maui, and always planned on having our rings engraved with waves, one for each anniversary. Of course, we've been to forgetful to have them done.

Anyone know where to get them engraved? Just any dependable jeweler?

stillplayswithbarbies
12-31-2009, 10:38 PM
my engagement ring has our names and the wedding date. Our wedding rings have a fortune cookie saying from the night we decided to get married. It starts in my ring and ends in his. I've never seen that same fortune cookie since that night.

bluestarfish18
12-31-2009, 10:41 PM
my engagement ring has our names and the wedding date. Our wedding rings have a fortune cookie saying from the night we decided to get married. It starts in my ring and ends in his. I've never seen that same fortune cookie since that night.

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! For some reason I always get the fortune that says "You like Chinese food."

american_mama
01-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Some beautiful stories and sayings here. Ours are engraved, although DH and I were both taken by surprise when the jeweler asked us if we wanted it. I'd never heard of engraced wedding rings before.

Mine is engraved with the words "Thank you" and the wedding date. After some years of dating and dithering about getting engaged, we decided to get married when we unexpectedly found ourselves pregnant with DD1. So his says "To love, life and surprise."