PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a food processor

MomToOne
12-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I am in the market for a food processor. My biggest use would be to make toddler food, so it has to be able to chop a small amount of food (say 1 carrot) into bite size pieces. I only cook for one person at a time usually...my toddler will eat something and then my husband will eat something else, and then I will have a sandwich or whatever, so high capacity is not important. I also have limited counter space, so a small footprint would be nice. This is my Christmas gift so I am not on a budget for it (in other words price is not an issue)

Thank you!

citymama
12-28-2009, 02:46 PM
We love our Cuisinart!

hillview
12-28-2009, 03:57 PM
We love our Cuisinart!
:yeahthat:
:)
/hillary

jenandahalf
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I have a Kitchenaid mini-chopper, it only chops/purees but that's all I needed it for and at $40 it cost a lot less than a full-size one. Cuisinart makes one too although it's usually $10 more, I just got the Kitchenaid to match my other countertop appliances (stand mixer, handheld blender and jug blender). I've seen the KA ones in Target in the red and the white.

hillview
12-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Ok re-read and agree with pp that a mini would suffice.
/hillary

clc053103
12-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I have the big Cuisinart which sounds like overkill for your needs. I also have the smaller cuisinart multifunction one that has a blender and food processor. I can't recommend it- I have had the plastic parts of the processor container break several times.

I would recommend the kitchen aid mini that Jenandahalf suggested.

Sweetum
01-08-2010, 04:33 AM
I would recommend the magic bullet - small size and footprint, lots of options, and great for making baby food (although you mentioned a toddler).

I would also recommend the Braun multiquick (I think) - great value for the price.

-SunshineAndMe