PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the Picnic in the Park at AK?

egoldber
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Saw this on allears.net.

Sounds fun and not a bad deal for a large amount of food.

http://allears.net/din/akpicnic.htm

fivi2
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM
There were some reviews on the disboards. Most were positive, IIRC.

I think it is a great idea - I didn't love the lunch we had at AK last time. I think we are doing Tusker House breakfast, and I might do the picnic lunch... Depends on our timing for that day.

Let me know how it is if you do it!

hillview
12-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Wow sounds good -- we don't have lunch for AK had planned on doing counter service. Thanks for the good idea -- off to check disboards!
/hillary

fivi2
01-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Beth - saw this on the disboards - picnic in the park is now a seasonal thing... Not sure what season, but I assume summer. It looks like it will be discontinued by your trip?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/animalkingdom/ak-overview.htm

egoldber
01-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh well, easy come, easy go. :)

Thanks for the headsup!

clc053103
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
You probably know of some good places in AK to eat, but I thought I would throw out a suggestion anyway!!

We tried Yak and Yeti at AK in September for the first time and we LOVED it. The kids were also huge fans-they had kid friendly basics plus really great noodles- and it was one of the few places in WDW that served applesauce. It was during free dining, we had no ADR, but we somehow met the manager of it out in the park who told us we would not have a problem getting a table. We waited maybe 20 minutes. We will make a point to go again next year.

Mermanaid
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM
We ate at Yak and Yeti too. It was actually one of the best meals we had @ WDW. We had the Kobe Beef Burger (was not on the menu, our server told us about it) and it was to die for. I am still dreaming of that burger. LOL!

fivi2
01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Good to know! We did the pizza place last time and thought it was awful!

egoldber
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
We've already scheduled 3 sit down meals and that's all we are going to do. Amy is NOT a sit down kind of kid LOL, so it's just not that much fun for us.

clc053103
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
It's not super quick- definitely not a fit for your family!!! I wish they had a quick service window- it really is that good!

oh well we tried! LOL

fivi2
01-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I thought they did also do quick service? For some reason I thought they had both, but I may be insane.... Off to go see what I am thinking of...