PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 bag -- calling all enablers!

salsah
12-28-2009, 04:45 PM
i found a timbuk2 bag that i want and the only thing stopping me from ordering it is the $10 shipping cost. i am so used to getting free shipping that I have hard time paying for shipping. so i need someone to tell me that i won't regret getting it. i've never owned a timbuk2 bag and i don't think that i have seen one irl (at least not close up), but i'm under the impression that they are good quality, durable bags.
anyone want to support me in buying a bag that i don't really need and will cost me $10 is shipping costs alone?

Penny's Pappa
12-28-2009, 04:56 PM
I have 2 -- the medium and the large. They're good, not great. The strap and the cam-locking buckle system are a PITA especially if the bag is loaded down, but once you have them locked in and the cross strap tightened, it's pretty secure. I did have the cam come undone on a bike ride one time. Not cool.

If you do get one, I would suggest you also spend $10 on the strap pad. It'll save some wear-and-tear on your neck and shoulders, trust me.

Overall, for the price, I'd recommend them.

ETA: Wait...which style are you talking about? I have the messenger bags.

c&j04
12-28-2009, 05:04 PM
The messenger bags are AWESOME!! We love, love all of ours and they have lasted forever. Some will soon be diaper bags so DH can carry baby supplies without shame :)

salsah
12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
i want the stowaway (http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/totes/stowaway#product=4-104624). it's a crossbody bag but it is listed under totes.