PDA

View Full Version : Booster for 4 year old?

spencersmommy
12-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Sorry, I apologize, I could find out this info by some web surfing, but going straight to the "professionals"! :-) My DS is 4.5 and weighs about 32 pounds (light, I know!), but he's too long for his Roundabout now (don't know his length off hand, but his legs really hang donw now....), so can I put him in a safe booster? Or with his weight, should he stay in a carseat? Should I buy a new one? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

KrisM
12-28-2009, 05:15 PM
I'd keep him harnessed. I'd get a Graco Nautilus or a Britax Frontier. Both will harness for a while longer and turn into boosters, so you'll get good use from them.

People say the Frontier makes a better booster, so if you can swing that, I'd do that one.

spencersmommy
12-28-2009, 05:21 PM
We have the Nautilius for my 6 year old DS. Maybe I'll put the 4 yr old in that and get my 6 year old a new booster : Graco Turbo Booster, maybe?
Thanks for the suggestion!

Joolsplus2
12-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I'd get something for the 6 yo that will actually last longer than the Nautilus/Turbo (they have the same pretty short back) as a booster (taller back, deeper seat), like the Recaro Vivo, Britax Parkway SG, or Sunshine Kids Monterey. Though if your budget is super tight, the Turbo's the best choice you can buy at a brick and mortar store.