PDA

View Full Version : booster help

mnosky1
12-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Sorry to post just a "help me" but I need some...
Need booster ideas for DD 6.5, she is 60 lbs and tall. She has a vivo for occasional use and likes it but in GN full time (and Apex 65 in Grandmas car). I am going to move DD2 to GN soon in one car (1 of 3 Marathons expiring).
So, need booster for bigger kid, and prefer cup holder (which is what I can't seem to find). I prefer under $100 but could maybe be convinced to go more (especially if DD2 could eventually use it)
Do you need to use the leg strap on the Parkways? - If you do I think I may as well just keep her in GN a little longer, but I guess I'll need boooster anyway at some point.
Albee has MAxi Cosi Rodi for 49.99- I saw Jools posted a while back they may be short -are they? And it doesn't look like cupholder. I got our Vivo for 60 or maybe 69 last year - they sure went up.
TIA!
Michelle

bubbaray
12-28-2009, 07:02 PM
We :heartbeat: our Monterey.

Joolsplus2
12-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I thought they all have cupholders...does the Vivo not? Though nothing compares to the Nautilus in that department, it's like they built the seat around them ;)
Parkway and Monterey are both great, the PW definitely does require the slide guard, but it's not hard to use or uncomfortable or anything (and the seatback is a touch taller than the Monterey, but not a huge amount, but definitely taller than the Nautilus by a couple inches). Clearance Monterey's aren't a bad price....
Rodis are very short, about the same as the Nautilus, and the plain Rodi may have a poor belt fit (Rodi XR is much improved in that arena, but still short, and also spendy).

mnosky1
12-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Our Vivo does not have a cupholder :(
The pics I've seen of the monteray don't look like a cupholder either - does it have one? It looks big, is it a wide base?
Thanks.

Joolsplus2
12-30-2009, 09:31 AM
It's one of the M's top listed features, you can see how it slides out of the base on this picture... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3819507 PWSG also has cupholders that slide out of the base. I had no idea about the Vivo, lol, I guess I only worry about how seats fit kids (Monterey can be too wide on skinny children, you want the belt somewhat close to, but not on the neck, and it makes it go too far to the edge of the shoulder, if you can try it in your car before you buy it, that'd be ideal).

801kelle
12-31-2009, 12:36 PM
The Britax Frontier has cup holders.. converts to HBB up to 100 lbs!!! THis is what we have and we and our DD love this seat... She is 6.5 yo and we still have her in the 5 pt harness because it goes to 80 lbs or 53 inches tall as 5 pt harness