PDA

View Full Version : decorating nursery for boy/girl twins

jrn90
12-28-2009, 10:57 PM
having a hard time with a theme- the nursery is light blue right now (for DS)- we are having boy/girl twins - don't want to keep it all blue- thinking of either yellow and blue or brown and blue? any ideas? what have some other twin mom's done?

thanks for all the great ideas- ended up finding a qulit on itsy that has a boy and girl bear on it as well as moons and stars- will hang it on the wall- also found some wall border with boy/girl bears on it- green, pink, yellow and blue- so we will leave the room blue and add the border and a few girl bears .

HIU8
12-29-2009, 11:32 AM
don't have twins, but what if you did brown and blue--the bedding for your DS could be brown and blue and the bedding for your DD could be pink and brown (so brown would be the tie in to the theme)? With DS the walls were yellow but the bedding and everything else was blue, pink, green and yellow. I accented with blue. For DD I accented with pink and it changed the entire room.

Momof3Labs
12-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Brown and blue sounds so masculine. How about painting the walls a light green and doing pink/green for your DD and blue/green or brown/green for your DS?

Or, keep the blue walls and go with red and yellow accents for both. That would keep it truly gender neutral (IMO) and you wouldn't have to repaint the nursery.

twowhat?
12-29-2009, 05:21 PM
You could save yourself the trouble, keep the light blue walls, and add pretty feminine wall decals (flowers, etc). I think light blue is a very girly color if accessorized properly!

You won't be able to do much later in your pregnancy since you're having twins so if you're going to do any major painting, etc - get it done NOW!

Krisrich
12-29-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't have twins but I think light blue and yellow would be perfect! I actually think that you would have to take care not to make those colors too girly!

fivi2
12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
My twins are both girls, but I think our nursery was pretty neutral. Pale yellow on the walls, blue ceiling, some orange and light green accents.

We used pbk alphabet soup bedding to tie it in (no longer made, but can probably find on ebay)
this is it - expensive here - http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pottery-Barn-Kids-Alphabet-Soup-Crib-Quilt-HUGE-SET_W0QQitemZ390131959997QQcategoryZ162040QQcmdZVi ewItem

and we used this picture:
http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/oopsy-daisy-mural-circus-parade.html

anyway - I think you could keep the light blue and make it gender neutral.

gatorsmom
12-30-2009, 01:49 AM
Our nursery has a chair-rail around it and was painted green below and blue above for our older 2 boys. The boys' crib had pale green and blue bedding in a toile pattern. When I found out I was pregnant with boy/girl twins i painted pink over the blue on one wall of the nursery (which makes it green below the chair-rail and pink above which looks really nice together). I bought a crib identical to the other crib which also matches all the other furniture in the room. And I found a pink toile crib set for Sisi's crib bedding.

I agree that it is HARD finding products for boy/girl twins. I had a very hard time finding cute photocard layouts for the twins' birth announcements. There was very little to choose from.

traciann
12-30-2009, 02:10 AM
My friend with boy/girl twins use two different nursery sets, but she says she wished she would have done a simple blue and pink gingham for each crib.

Oak
01-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I have a night time sky theme with pink and blue stars and a moon.