PDA

View Full Version : What is Target's return policy on seasonal clearance items?

randomkid
12-29-2009, 01:39 AM
I bought some ornaments after Christmas and am thinking I bought too many red ones. Can I return them later this week with my original receipt and get a full refund?

ett
12-29-2009, 01:41 AM
You get the current selling price. So if the seasonal stuff has dropped to 75% off, then you only get the 75% off price.

SASM
12-29-2009, 01:44 AM
You get the current selling price. So if the seasonal stuff has dropped to 75% off, then you only get the 75% off price.

Really? I was under the impression that as long as you have your receipt you can return it and get the amount paid in the manner that one paid. I thought that the "current selling price" refund was only if you didn't have your receipt.

ett
12-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Really? I was under the impression that as long as you have your receipt you can return it and get the amount paid in the manner that one paid. I thought that the "current selling price" refund was only if you didn't have your receipt.

I think that's true for clearance merchandise in general, but for the seasonal stuff (i.e. Halloween, Christmas) you get the current price.

egoldber
12-29-2009, 06:55 AM
I don't think so. I've returned Halloween candy WEEKS after Halloween and gotten the full price on the receipt. If you return without a receipt they will only give you something like the lowest price in the last 90 days (or something like that).

KrisM
12-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Here's a link: http://www.target.com/Return-Refund-Policy-Returns-Refunds/b?ie=UTF8&node=13685491

It says: Holiday and Seasonal Merchandise Refunds: Holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of return will be refunded at the current clearance price.

egoldber
12-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Interesting. Maybe I waited long enough after Halloween that it was no longer on clearance. :ROTFLMAO:

o_mom
12-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Interesting. Maybe I waited long enough after Halloween that it was no longer on clearance. :ROTFLMAO:

If you bought it full price, I think they may refund you full price, but if you bought on clearance, it is the current clearance price. I seem to remember it working that way even though the policy reads differently.

KrisM
12-29-2009, 09:02 AM
If you bought it full price, I think they may refund you full price, but if you bought on clearance, it is the current clearance price. I seem to remember it working that way even though the policy reads differently.

That might be it.

egoldber
12-29-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure I bought it on sale, but not on clearance. Actually, it was my MIL who bought it for me, just to make it extra confusing LOL! I returned it with her receipt and they put what she paid back on her card.

randomkid
12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Does anybody know the current Christmas clearance in your area? Is it still 50% off? I bought these things at 50% off, so will return today if that is still the deal. Thanks for the info - didn't think to check the website.