PDA

View Full Version : BJCM or Joovy Kooper?

BabyH
12-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Opinions please? I'm trying to narrow down my choices (and my 2010 Baby Bargains book is on the way!) The closes BRU is 4 hours, so I can't just go and test drive.....

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Where do you plan on using it? What type of environment? Do you have a BuyBuyBaby?

BabyH
12-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Where do you plan on using it? What type of environment? Do you have a BuyBuyBaby?

No, the closest BBB 3 hours..... I said on another blog that I never realized I lived in the middle of nowhere until I started trying to buy baby stuff! We only have ONE (yes, one) baby store -- and it's more of a boutique store, not one that carries all brands/options of things I would want to try out.

So I'd plan on using it during everyday outings, but I also need something that is sturdy enough to do conditions like gravel, shavings, uneven roads... (No, I'm not taking the baby stroller on hiking trips or anything...)

BabyH
12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
^^ ETA: I'm thinking of getting two strollers - one for quick trips and then either the Joovy or BJCM for the heavy duty trips.

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2009, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't say the Mini is for heavy trips. It is a lightweight stroller we use only inside. Maybe the Classic or Elite for the surfaces you describe. What are shavings??

TwoBees
12-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Heaven have mercy...I just discovered Joovy. :praying: Now I am drooling over the Kooper and Groove. So I'm bumping this to see if anyone has more info.

How does the Kooper compare to the BJCM and how does the Groove compare to the Mac Techno?

smcdonald2
12-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Heaven have mercy...I just discovered Joovy. :praying: Now I am drooling over the Kooper and Groove. So I'm bumping this to see if anyone has more info.

How does the Kooper compare to the BJCM and how does the Groove compare to the Mac Techno?

I love Joovy! The Kooper is an excellent stroller, and I LOVE the Brownie color. IRL it's positively decadent. Super-easy fold and unfold, very cushy, best fabric quality of any stroller I've seen. Compared to the BJCM, I'd say it's similar. However, the handles are a bit shorter, and there are two foam handles (like a Mac) instead of a single rounded handlebar. The seat seems a little shorter and wider to me as well. It steers well. Not QUITE as well as a BJCM, but almost. The BJCM is still my favorite stroller, but the Kooper is #2. One bad thing about it (for me) is that the handles are very thick. Most people think they're awesome and cushy, but I have small hands and they tire very quickly trying to grip the Kooper handles.

Have not seen the Groove IRL so I couldn't tell you.

BabyH
12-31-2009, 10:33 AM
If I was choosing on looks, I'd go with the Joovy! It's so cute.

How about this question - I'm 5'4'' and DH is 6'0'' -- is the Joovy suitable for both of us? I drove one around BRU maybe six months ago while I was in there with a friend and her baby, and it was fine for me, but I'm wondering if it will be ok for DH. Obviously we are going to be making one gigantic trip to BRU here in a few weeks.....

PS) WatchingThemGrow - "Shavings" are sawdust that are the footing at horse shows. I spend a LOT of my summer around different horse shows so I wanted to make sure the stroller I get will navigate on them ok.

smcdonald2
01-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Oh, if your husband is tall, I'd go with the BJCM. My husband is 5'6" and the Joovy Kooper handles are a bit short for him.

atlantamomof2
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
We have the Kooper in Brownie and LOVE it! My DH is 5'11'' and I am 5'3'' and neither of us have issues with the height or width of the foam handles. We both prefer it over our Mac Triumph and our friends BJCM.

TwoBees
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Can the Joovy be folded one-handed?

atlantamomof2
01-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes it can be folded with one hand, although I do need to use both hands to lock it once it is folded

TwoBees
01-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Does it have to be locked? I mean, the BJCM doesn't lock...just trying ot figure out logistics here (we don't yet have a stroller).

atlantamomof2
01-02-2010, 11:11 PM
No it doesn't have to be, it just makes it easier to carry when it is locked since it will open up if you lift it with one hand and aren't supporting both sides. I rarely lock it when lifting it in and out of my SUV since I have both hands free. I did find this annoying at first since I was used to my Mac Triumph which self locked and could be lifted easily with one hand, but the features of the Kooper won me over

TwoBees
01-02-2010, 11:14 PM
the features of the Kooper won me over

If you don't mind, could you tell me about the features that you love that the Kooper has that the BJCM doesn't? I was all set on the BJCM but now I am considering the Kooper...
Thanks

jacksmoma
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
i've seen both and i've had two different bjcm's...the joovy is ok but the handles are pretty short. dealbreaker for us since my hubby is 6'1"....the seatback on the joovy is lower too. i like the look of the bjcm and the sunshade is better as well as much more storage too. my vote is bjcm obviously!!!

arivecchi
01-03-2010, 02:11 PM
but I also need something that is sturdy enough to do conditions like gravel, shavings, uneven roads... (No, I'm not taking the baby stroller on hiking trips or anything...) You need an air tire stroller for those kinds of things. Look at the Baby Jogger City Classic, the City Elite, a Bob Revo or a Valco Trimode.