PDA

View Full Version : has anyone else had problems with the Target play wonder doll cradle -- white painted

Melarina
12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
I am so disappointed! DH just put this together -- bought it last spring/summer when it was on sale at Target. After he put it together I noticed a small paint bubble that had cracked and was already peeling. DD would have that paint pulled off there in no time -- not safe at all.

Going to try for a return tomorrow, but no receipt. Sigh. Bought the high chair to go with it as a set -- hoping they will take both back, but man! What a letdown.

Seitvonzu
12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
we've had ours for a while and i haven't had any problem with it (or the highchair)-- sorry yours is a problem. i can't imagine they'll be nice about the return, but i could be wrong :(

sariana
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
I ordered a bathroom set from Target for DC's bathroom. After only a short period of use, the soap dispenser cracked just from being filled with soap. It hadn't been as long as it's been for you (from purchase date to return date, that is), but it was an online order, and I was worried about returning the item. I figured they would just say I must have dropped it or something.

They took it back no problem.

Hopefully you'll be able to return your item(s) as well.

Melaine
12-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Our's have been OK. If I were you, I would contact Kidkraft. When we bought the PlayWonder grocery carts I saw that they are made by KidKraft; it even included a paper saying something to the effect of, "call us for any and every problem, we want to help". Maybe they would send you a new part since the cradles are no longer at the stores.

Melarina
12-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks everybody. I sent DH and while we did not have receipts we did have both boxes with price tags. He ended up speaking to a manager and getting a full refund...this time :)

DrSally
12-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Glad they were nice to you. It seems if you're outside of 90 days, your totally out of luck, even with receipt.