PDA

View Full Version : Solid Tires?

MamaMolly
12-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm looking for a stroller with large, solid tires. We will be using it for walking on uneven pavement, bad sidewalks mostly. Someone else here had a Baby Jogger and when one of the wheels got bent it was useless (not a lot of tire/bike places here) and she had to wait until her last trip to the US to get it fixed.
So I'm thinking of the UppaBaby Vista but are there other options out there I'm not seeing? TIA.

AnnieW625
12-30-2009, 09:54 PM
We love the solid tires on our Vista. I can walk around 3 miles with it with no problem what so ever. DH hates filling the air tires on our jogger so he was soo happy when I told him that the Vista had solid wheels.

PeppyParents
01-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi,

The Vista is a great stroller. The 2010 model will have new type of wheels that are less likely to develop any wobbling. Still the same solid foam core tires.

Also, for 2010, Baby Jogger City Elite coming within a couple weeks will have new tires with "forever air" (that's what Baby Jogger calls it). It's real rubber treads, but the air is kept in sealed foam chambers inside the tire, so no pumping and no flats.

Hope that helps!

jacksmoma
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi,

The Vista is a great stroller. The 2010 model will have new type of wheels that are less likely to develop any wobbling. Still the same solid foam core tires.

Also, for 2010, Baby Jogger City Elite coming within a couple weeks will have new tires with "forever air" (that's what Baby Jogger calls it). It's real rubber treads, but the air is kept in sealed foam chambers inside the tire, so no pumping and no flats.

Hope that helps!

will the new baby jogger 2010 "air" tires on the select/elite push a little worse that the older air ones? just curious...

PeppyParents
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
will the new baby jogger 2010 "air" tires on the select/elite push a little worse that the older air ones? just curious...

Frankly, I really couldn't tell the difference when I checked out the 2010 models a couple months ago. The tires look and feel the same, and the BJ rep had to point out to me that the valve stem was missing!

I think they really got it right -- not too firm, and not too "fake" feeling.

But of course that was only spending a couple minutes on a short-pile carpet. Not real world testing.

MamaMolly
01-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi,

Hope that helps!

Helps a bunch! :) Do you know, would it be possible to buy the new tires and put them on an older model? Or are there really no cost saving advantages to this?