PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this shoudl go in the bitching post forum but....

gatorsmom
12-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Even though I have had twins now for 25 months, I still am in awe of the destruction that 2 of them can do in a short amount of time. I was folding clothes in our older boys' room tonight while the twins played in their adjacent room and within a very short amount of time, all their stuffed animals were out of the basket, there were hangers thrown EVERYWHERE, an entire box of kleenex was emptied everywhere, a book of several jigsaw puzzles was shaken so that all the pieces from all the puzzles were thrown around the room, and when I walked in to their room finally, they had pulled their kid-sized rocking chair over to the light switch to play disco-lights while laughing madly.

it is frightening the amount of damage these little cyclones can do when they team up and are left unattended for a brief amount of time. This is why I'm going gray.

AJP
12-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks Lisa. I think I'll just run away now. Mine have the kleenex, stuffed animals and puzzle tricks down already. I know what I have to look forward to.

Melaine
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Why you are going gray, and why I am on Prozac. Behold, the power of twins.

Momof3Labs
12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, my OB mentioned weaning of Zoloft in the spring but I have older kids. I have a small inkling of what is coming. Thinking I will be staying on it for a while, a long while.

twowhat?
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
This is what makes me want to go back to work so the twins can wreak their havoc in a daycare rather than our house.

Naranjadia
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
I hear ya, Lisa! It's unbelievable what they can do. I get especially nervous when they get quiet...

gatorsmom
12-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I get especially nervous when they get quiet...

:yeahthat: EXACTLY. And they are so smart. They have already figured out that with 4 kids keeping me busy there is a good chance they can do things that I won't discover immediately because I'm attending to a different sibling. So they are much more daring and will do things that my boys never dreamed of doing. sigh.

They are so lucky that they are cute. With those little faces, they can get away with MURDER.

Oak
01-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes, it is amazing what these little tornadoes, cyclones, earthquakes can get in trouble with. I was spoiled with my firstborn singleton. And to top it off, with the older child teaching them things, they seem to push the box at a much earlier age.

And to think, my mother of 3 that were spaced 3 and then two years apart for a span of 5 years thinks that my three children with the two twins and their the older sibling being 2 1/2 years older is even remotely somehow equivalent to the tribulations she had to put up with.

hobie
01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
This is why we lived in a "gated community" for several years. We turned our living room into the safe playroom...the whole room was completely fenced off from the rest of the house. Managing DS#3 is soooo much easier than twins!

caheinz
01-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Hmmmm. I don't know whether to be glad to hear it's not just our two monkeys, or worried about what they're going to be getting into from here...

DS1 definitely didn't prepare us properly for the tornado of two...