PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag help! Babymel vs. Storksak vs. OiOi

kate2128
12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Hello, I'm in the market for a new diaper bag. I think I've narrowed it down to these three, so I'm looking for some input from those of you with experience. I'm currently using one I made from the Amy Butler Nappy Bag pattern, but it needs to be replaced. I love the size of it, but it doesn't have a zip closure and it is a bit of a black hole. It does accommodate my cloth diapers wonderfully, though. I'm looking for something stylish.

I need it to fit cloth diapers for 14 month old, extra pants for 3 year old and snacks for all three kids. I also have a 5 year old son, but he travels light. I want to be able to wear across body or on shoulder. Zip close. Pocket(s) on outside for phone, chapstick, maybe wallet.

The Storksak Emily in pewter is my favorite one, but the price is making me have second thoughts. I looked at the Babymels at BBB yesterday and didn't care for the vinyl prints, but I like the storm grey zipper one that I've seen online. I also tried the OiOi Hobo and liked the way it felt on my shoulder and the fact that it seems very practical.

Any input is greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

zukeypur
12-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I didn't like the Babymel that I saw in person, but I really like the Emily. There are some OiOi hobos on ebags right now; I was looking at the really colorful one (I can't remember the name, but it's $120). If you have the money for the Emily, I would go for that one.

Sidney
01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I ordered both the Babymel Amanda and Storksak Emily in the Roccoco print. and returned them both. The Babymel was too small, I thought. Also I found the opening too small so it wouldn't be easy to access the inside. The Emily was a nice bag, but everytime I opened the top, the strap would fall in the way so it took two hands...one to move and keep the strap out of the way and one to hold the bag open.

So, I ended up with a Coach diaper bag and I love it so far. My baby hasn't been born yet so I haven't used it yet, but it is everything I was looking for.

kate2128
01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, I keep going back to the store to compare them. I don't think I'm crazy enough about the Emily to justify the cost. I'm leaning toward the OiOi Hobo at the moment, I think. Although if I could just find a big bag I like, I would be happy. I saw the kits to create your own diaper bag at BRU yesterday and the concept REALLY appeals to me.

zukeypur
01-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I just ordered this bag (http://www.ebags.com/amy_michelle/gladiola_patent/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=107965) in green and this one (http://www.ebags.com/baby_kaed/jacey/product_detail/index.cfm?modelID=140667) in black. I'll return the one I don't like. I was looking for a bag with outside pockets that looks like a purse and not a baby bag.

kate2128
01-03-2010, 12:36 AM
I love that baby Kaed bag! But now I've discovered the Storksak Suzi and I think it might be perfect. Will probably overanalyze for another few days, though. Lol.

zukeypur
01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
The Suzi is nice!

Ebags has 25% off today, so that makes the Baby Kaed $117 with shipping for me. I already ordered it; I was just seeing if it was cheaper than what I got it for with the 25% off. I'll try to remember to take pics and post a review when I get it, just in case you still haven't made up your mind.

kate2128
01-03-2010, 02:33 PM
I actually ordered the black pattern Suzi last night. I think my husband is sick of listening to me hem and haw over this decision. It seems to be what I'm looking for, so we'll see. I ordered from diapers.com with a 10% off coupon and it should arrive on Tuesday. I'll let you know what I think.

kate2128
01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
So I've been using the Suzi bag for about a week now and I REALLY like it! It's comfortable to carry, fits my cloth diapers and change of clothes as well as miscellaneous other items like sippys, wallet, a few toys. But it is not too big. I tend to overpack if the bag is huge, so this is good. The interior organization is very good. I just have the cloth diapers in the main pocket though, since they are so bulky. It definitely feels more like a purse than a diaper bag, which is nice.

I ordered from diapers.com and they actually sent the wrong bag the first time. Their customer service was excellent and sent the correct bag immediately without even waiting for me to return the incorrect bag first. Very easy to deal with!