PDA

View Full Version : What are you wishing for in 2010?

arivecchi
12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I would love to be able to not worry about things every.single.second. I would love to have stability and be the happy-go-lucky person I used to be before this awful year. What about you? Please 2010, be good to my family! :praying:

BabyMine
12-30-2009, 05:18 PM
For my mom to find a job.
For my husband to find a job he likes.
Stick to my budget better than I have.
The health of my family
To be less stressful
To take more breaks away from the kids.
Have more fun.
To make a more positive difference in people's lives.
To be a less stressed parent.

mommylamb
12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I know that I'm a lucky person overall, and that my personal wishes for 2010 are probably selfish in comparison to the needs of many others. But, I would like to get pregnant at some point during the year and get a small raise so that I'll be more able to afford daycare when that DC2 I'm hoping for comes along. I'm nervous about finding that extra $1000 a month for daycare if we do have a second child. I also know that I need to be able to keep my cholesterol in check so that I can go off the statin I'm on right now in order to get pregnant. I've been doing the gym as often as I can possibly get there hoping that my cholesterol won't be too high... So, I guess my wish list is: a healthy pregnancy and the resources to afford daycare.

elephantmeg
12-30-2009, 05:46 PM
to have DD be OK.
to not sweat the small stuff
to get the house more streamlined and start working on the rest of the upstairs
to run a 5K (I signed up for one NYE but I don't think I'll be running it since I'm still here!)
to spend more quality time with the kids

arivecchi
12-30-2009, 06:04 PM
to have DD be OK. I was thinking about your family as well when I started this thread. Being healthy/well is so critical. I wish your daughter as speedy a recovery as humanly possible. I should definitely be grateful that my kids are healthy even though other things are not going so well. Let's hope that 2010 is better to us all!

Nooknookmom
12-30-2009, 06:05 PM
To move away from So Cal.
To get DH to actually go back to school
For my parents health to stay as well as it is now, and not decine.
Pain relief.
If we stay in So Cal, for our business to pick up so that my stress level goes down.

hillview
12-30-2009, 06:53 PM
To continue our run of good fortune in health and finances (still both have jobs etc).
Get in shape and lose some weight.
Get some parts of the house better sorted/set up.
Work on a better investment strategy.
/hillary

Tondi G
12-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I would love for my DH to find happiness in his current job or find something new that will make him happier.

For the housing market to do go down to a truly manageable price point for us so we can buy a home of our own (or the very least find a house to rent for a while till we can buy)

for my family to be healthy and happy

ellies mom
12-30-2009, 08:30 PM
I just want to keep everything together. I'm supposed to graduate from nursing school in December of 2010. The first 6 months will be the hardest financially and school-wise. I'm hoping if we can make it until summer, the second 6 months will be easier.

cvanbrunt
12-30-2009, 09:19 PM
To find a pilates studio that offers childcare. Never gonna happen but I can dream. More realistically, carve out time to keep up with my new found enthusiasm for the reformer!

jenandahalf
12-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm hoping my daughters tests in January show her urinary reflux has corrected itself so she can stop her daily meds.

I'm hoping my son is born healthy and happy in May.

I'm hoping I can get the job I am interviewing for on Monday so I can get some more saved up for when baby comes.

I'm hoping that my husbands wait to look for a new job until after baby comes (in order to maintain health coverage) pays off and he gets the great job he wants in a warm place that we both like and that is cheaper than IL!

I'm hoping all his family members stay healthy so we don't have any unplanned trips to the UK to pay for.

firstbaby
12-30-2009, 09:28 PM
For the Lord to continue to bless us with health, enough money to take care of our family and needs, for me to be able to continue to stay home, for our homeschooling to continue to work for our family, and maybe add a baby to our family. We'll see on the last one :)

wimama
12-30-2009, 11:59 PM
-For our family to be healthy
-To improve my family's diet and fitness
-To figure out if my DS has any food sensitivities and address them
-To sell our house (8 months and counting on the market)
-To generate more income into our business, so we can pay ourselves more and reach more stability in our finances
-To simplify our lives and belongings -provide a uncluttered home for our family
-To add a baby to our family

bluestarfish18
12-31-2009, 12:04 AM
For an end to this damn war, so that DH doesn't have to deploy in the fall.

Happy 2B mommy
12-31-2009, 01:36 AM
For us it was equally hard and joyful year. My hopes for 2010 are

For our children to remain happy and healthy
For DH to remain happy in is job
For my father's health to improve
For me to make a change for a healthier lifestyle and to lose weight
For me to grow spiritually
For us to maybe have DC#3 (still under discussion)

For our country to be at peace and to recover economically. For those who have been hit by tough times to recover.

kijip
12-31-2009, 01:55 AM
2009 was a very hard year for us with my mom's death. Basically nearly anything that could come in 2010 would be an improvement. I can't say that I have many specific goals. Looking forwards to NOT 2009. :)

elephantmeg
12-31-2009, 10:18 AM
For an end to this damn war, so that DH doesn't have to deploy in the fall.

aww! I'll be wishing with you!

Melaine
12-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Hoping for better anxiety-management for me and financial stability for our family and my parents as well. That everyone would remain healthy and happy for the year.

JTsMom
12-31-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm wishing
-This baby is healthy, and has an uncomplicated birth
-For things to continue to go well with DS's heart- we're supposed to do a cardiac MRI in the spring
-That we can get a handle on DS's special needs, and figure out the best ways to help him so that he can have a happy and successful year.
-That DH continues to love and grow with his job
-That we are happy in our new home

DietCokeLover
12-31-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm wishing for so many things I could fill a page, however, the big ones are:

DD to succeed in speech therapy
DH to find a job so that we can sell our current business and move
Being more intentional with our spending and saving
Trying to manage my frustration level better with my DCs

jenfromnj
12-31-2009, 04:07 PM
2009 was the best of times (DS's birth) and the worst of times (serious illness for DS, DH and my mom, my grandmother's death, serious IL issues) for us.

For 2010, I'd love:
- Continued improvement in DS's health and his eating issues
- Stability in DH's health (he has a chronic illness so hoping for an uneventful, relatively hospital-free year)
- A positive outcome to my mom's treatments and good news there
- An improved financial position for us (both of our professions were very much affected by the economic disaster of the past 18 months, and our home is now officially worth less than we owe on it)
- To appreciate all of the small things in life that I tend to overlook when times get stressful

WatchingThemGrow
12-31-2009, 04:15 PM
This is like a great big prayer request list for those of us who pray!

-for DH's career growth - in terms of supporting us
-for continued stable health for our elderly parents and our young DC
-for all the big "life events" we have this year to be celebrated and not cost us $$$$ we don't have - my mom's retirement (cost me $470 to get there!), FIL's retirement, DH's 40th B'day, MY 40th B'day
-for us to feel comfortable and safe in our very small space in a slightly edgy neighborhood

sste
12-31-2009, 05:57 PM
-less stress and better work life balance, esp. for DH
-more time to spend with friends
-to get my estate planning straightened out (probably more of a resolution)
-less obsessing and worrying!

KpbS
12-31-2009, 06:07 PM
--for DC (esp. DS1) to outgrow his huge list of food allergies.
--for DH and I to continue to build a strong marriage.

eliasmom
12-31-2009, 06:43 PM
-for people to just be nicer to each other, in general
-the continued health of my family
-a *sane* buyer for our condo so we can have more room and a guaranteed parking spot
-more patience and understanding, in general, but especially with DD
-time for me to hit the gym more regularly
-for DH to find a better work-home balance (not really his fault due to how busy he is at work, but also not really sustainable at the current ratio long-term)
-the wisdom to figure out where we would prefer to live geographically and good jobs once we figure it out and look to make the move

Puddy73
12-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Looking forwards to NOT 2009. :)

Yes, exactly. 2009 was a hard and painful year for us in many ways and I'm so glad to put it behind us and move on!

daisyd
12-31-2009, 08:20 PM
2009 has been a mixture of good and bad for us. I count myself very blessed to be where I am despite the little worries that plague us. For 2010 I hope and pray that

DS maintains good health (gains weight,starts speaking)
To get childcare we love and trust
DH has better work-life balance
DH is happier in his job,that he gets the recognition he sederves
For me to grow in maturity, peace, forgiveness
For me to pursue higher studies

jgenie
01-01-2010, 12:40 AM
- For a healthy baby and uncomplicated birth
- To get an answer to why DS isn't gaining weight and hopefully that the answer is genetics
- For DH & I to rise to the challenge of parenting two children
- For financial stability for my extended family
- That DH excels in his new job and continues to enjoy it
- That DH is able to cut back on his work hours even a little bit

Cam&Clay
01-01-2010, 02:04 AM
2009 was a very hard year for us with my mom's death. Basically nearly anything that could come in 2010 would be an improvement. I can't say that I have many specific goals. Looking forwards to NOT 2009. :)

I lost my mom this year, too. I am very happy to see 2009 go away. It was an awful, awful year. I hope that 2010 brings my family some peace and happiness.

MmeSunny
01-01-2010, 10:02 AM
*To get our new house and be able to afford it.
*To sell our current house and walk away owing nothing.
*To find new childcare that we love as much as the one we have now in our new neighborhood.
*To lose the rest of the weight that has taken over my life for the first 32 years. 30+ lbs down, but a lot more to go!
*Job security for me and DP.
*Daily appreciation for the major strides that DD has made in her short life.

KrisM
01-01-2010, 11:03 AM
For 2010, I would like:

- DD to start her speech therapy and to hear good improvements so her frustration level decreases.
- me to finish organizing the house so my frustration level decreases.
- DH to continue to have his job in the auto industry
- to take time to join a gym and actually go.

boolady
01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
To work on regaining some closeness with DH that we both think we've lost to the manic pace of life.

To work on taking care of myself, both mentally and physically. I have let this slide too long, and have realized that no matter how hard it is, I cannot always put myself last.

To continue to enjoy my beautiful DD.