PDA

View Full Version : Picking two new carseats - I FINALLY bought a new car!

Clarity
12-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Yay! So, I bought a Ford Taurus X and I'm thrilled to finally have a second car in which the kids can actually ride. Of course, this means two new carseats.
We currently have a Graco Nautillis and rf MA in the primary car. Now that the Taurus X will be our primary car, I'm thinking of a few options:

1) Move the rf MA into the Taurus for dd2 and buy a Britax Frontier for dd1. For first car, dd1 stays in Graco Nautilis and we buy a Graco Myride 65 or a Radian for rf dd2.

OR

2) I leave the Graco Nautilis and MA in the first car and buy two Radians for both dds in the Taurus.

OR

Suggestions?

arivecchi
12-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I love my combo and I think it would work well for you too. I have a Frontier for DS1 and a Radian RFing for DS2. The car seats puzzle really well (Frontier outboard and Radian in the center). You will have two excellent car seats that last a really long time and room for another person in your backseat! Move the current car seats to the secondary car. Congrats on your purchase!

Clarity
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
The radian doesn't rf well unless it's in the center seat, is that right? I guess my only pause would be that I'd rather have the ff seat in the center for the added safety. Although it might be hard to get a Frontier in the center, do you think?

arivecchi
12-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, the Frontier would not fit in the center in my car. The Radian would only fit in the center. I think the Frontier is such a well made seat that a child would be ok in it outboard. Plus I prefer to install the Frontier with LATCH and I only have LATCH outboard. The Radian has an awesome install with a seat belt.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/2009_10_31#

http://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/2009_10_30#

Joolsplus2
12-31-2009, 09:38 AM
I think that car has great safety features and I wouldn't for a moment hesitate to put even both kids outboard :thumbsup: The Radian might even fit RF there, it almost fit in my Escape and the X is a touch bigger. :)

AnnieW625
12-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Congrats on your new car:) I think either situation would be great! If you know for sure you are going to need the third seat in each car then go with the Radian in the center of the car.

Clarity
01-06-2010, 09:47 AM
DD1 is 3.5, 40lbs and about 39" tall. I guess I'm thinking I could put her in a Radian too, then switch her to a booster later.
I'm thinking a Radian right now because when we put the Nautilus in the Ford and dd1's feet hit the back of the drivers seat. It stinks buying a new car in the winter and then having a little dirty boot marks on the back of the TAN drivers seat from little boots. *sigh*
Anyhow, I don't know if the Frontier would give her more legroom so that her legs aren't brushing against the front seat, but I was almost sure the Radian would. Anyone know?

arivecchi
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Thr Frontier is a pretty roomy seat for their legs, but my DS can still touch the front passenger seat if he extends his legs. He is 40 inches tall. I just bought a cover for the back of the front seats at TRU. We have tan seats too and not a mark on them because the covers protect pretty much the entire back of the seat.

OKKiddo
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I think that car has great safety features and I wouldn't for a moment hesitate to put even both kids outboard :thumbsup: The Radian might even fit RF there, it almost fit in my Escape and the X is a touch bigger. :)

I have that crossover--in it's 2007 form when it was called a Ford Freestyle. I also have the second row bench seat both of my boys ride in their carseats in the outboard seats and when I absolutely had to, I was able to get a Graco Snugride 22 and a Britax Boulevard side by side on the 60 split. It was a tight squeeze though. Of course, that was months ago and they're both in Boulevards (still rearfacing) in the outboard seats. I'm 5'3" and I have no problems with the carseats being at the 45 degree incline, but my hubby who is 5'6" had just the exact amount of space needed for his legs when I did. I don't know how tall your family is, that's why I mention that.