PDA

View Full Version : If you have a dyson...........

newg
12-30-2009, 11:17 PM
What kind do you have and do you like it??

I'm looking at the DC25 (all floors and animal) and the DC17 and DC14 ...................right now I have a Eureaka and it's super heavy 20+ lbs and uses bags...............and I can't vacume all the stairs unless I go out a buy an super long hose...............

It looks like some of the dyson's don't come with very many accessories......

thanks for any help!!

gatorsmom
12-31-2009, 01:11 AM
I had a very heavy Hoover Upright that was starting to break down. I made a list of all the things I really wanted to have (upright, lighter than my Hoover, 12amp suction, etc.) and I went to Sears and tried out all the ones that had the features I wanted. It really came down to the DC14, DC 17 and the DC25. After careful consideration, I chose the DC14. It was a good deal for us. Sears was having a sale and we had a Christmas Gift card to use up. I really like my vacuum cleaner although I can't say I love it. It has great suction but not up against my baseboards. I HAVE TO use the hose and an attachment to do baseboards and I was hoping that maybe this thing would do a better job of that. However, I didn't find another vacuum that did better. The other models were fine and seemed to do really well but the DC 14 was the only one of the 3 that had a 12amp motor in it and I thought that might affect suction. I didn't need the animal since we don't have any. And I decided I didn't need the ball because it hurt my wrist to twist while pushing and pulling so much.

kijip
12-31-2009, 01:21 AM
I think the one we have is a DC 14. We have had it for 2 years. We use it on carpet (stairs, upstairs bedroom, what passes for an office here), wood (living room, kitchen, dining room, 1 bathroom) and tile (downstairs entry and 2 bathrooms). It gets the job done, no complaints so far. I like that I don't have to buy bags for it. I find it clumsy on the stairs and my husband mostly does the stairs because I find it so clumsy. I am not a fan of vacuum attachments (and I take cleaning very seriously, LOL). I just find that I don't need to use them if I am cleaning often and I prefer to do some things by hand or in a different way than with the vacuum (brushing off furniture).

AnnieW625
12-31-2009, 02:04 AM
We have the DC 14 all floors kit, it was sold a couple of years ago at Costco. I like it and it does well on our area rugs, and our hardwood floors, which is 98% of our house. I love the low floor, and hardwood floor tools. I almost bought a Kenmore canister, but honestly it was the 5 yr. warranty that made me buy the Dyson. I also think it's almost like two vacuums in one. I love the extendable handle. It's definitely a better deal if you can find some of the accessories sold with the vacuum itself. The only other brand of vacuums I'd probably consider because I know people who've had great luck with them would be Miele, I just couldn't afford a $700-$900 vacuum at the time; $400 was enough.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-31-2009, 02:08 AM
I think the one we have is a DC 14. We have had it for 2 years. We use it on carpet (stairs, upstairs bedroom, what passes for an office here), wood (living room, kitchen, dining room, 1 bathroom) and tile (downstairs entry and 2 bathrooms). It gets the job done, no complaints so far. I like that I don't have to buy bags for it. I find it clumsy on the stairs and my husband mostly does the stairs because I find it so clumsy. I am not a fan of vacuum attachments (and I take cleaning very seriously, LOL). I just find that I don't need to use them if I am cleaning often and I prefer to do some things by hand or in a different way than with the vacuum (brushing off furniture).

Same for me, I have have the DC14 Ball one. I love the hose/wand. It is clumsy on stairs. I use on laminate and carpet. And we have two large furry @$$ dogs!!!!!! If we have a son we might just name him Dyson!:hysterical:

LightMayo
12-31-2009, 07:07 AM
We have the Dyson Animal (DC28). I bought it refurbished from woot.com for $249. A really great deal on a really great vacuum. I will never buy a cheap vacuum again.

lchang25000
12-31-2009, 09:08 AM
I also have the yellow ball one and love it! I don't use the wand as much, but I love how the vacuum sucks up eveything! Easy to clean canister and hepa filter also. Bought it at Target on sale for $299 last Mother's Day.

Claki
12-31-2009, 10:16 AM
I have a DC14 refurbished model from Woot. It was an addition originally only sold at Wal-Mart. I llike it but it is very clumsy for cleaning under furniture and stairs, even with all the attachments.

newg
12-31-2009, 10:31 AM
I think we are now leaning towards the dc25 animal. I really like how easy it moves in the videos. We have two large dogs and a toddler so I am starting to get excited about the suction!!