PDA

View Full Version : brain fart...

tnrnchick74
12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
I currently have a RF RA 50 in my 2005 Nissan Sentra (latch is there of course). I had to put it outboard since it made it very tight RF in the center to where I couldn't recline either front seat. Very rarely does anyone ride with me, so the passenger seat isn't a huge issue.

DS is moving closer and closer to the 35 lbs RF limit with every weekly growth spurt. He's currently 19 months old. Of COURSE I REALLY want to make it to 2 yrs RF, but realistically it may not happen.

When he reaches that limit, it would be better to put the FF RA 50 in the center (as long as it gets a good install, etc) - correct? I do have a top tether in the center section, but I also know I have to do a seatbelt install since there are no dedicated center latch sites and I can't "borrow" from the outboard ones.

Why was I thinking about this ALL NITE last nite?? Sigh, no clue but I'm apparently having a brain fart and can't remember if I want him center, or outboard when FF.

o_mom
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
You are correct - center is safest if you get a good install. And yes, you must use the seatbelt to install in the center of that vehicle along with the top tether (but it shouldn't be difficult).

tnrnchick74
12-31-2009, 10:19 AM
You are correct - center is safest if you get a good install. And yes, you must use the seatbelt to install in the center of that vehicle along with the top tether (but it shouldn't be difficult).

Thanks! I was hoping I didn't get it wrong...but I also hope we have a few more months RF!!!