PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy...?

Nechums
12-31-2009, 11:51 AM
...for having a glass table with a glass base with a toddler running around? A friend is looking to give away their dining room table and we need one.

brittone2
12-31-2009, 12:03 PM
How much do you like to clean? ;)

You might be concerned about safety, but don't forget that a glass table is going to show fingerprints, sticky toddler messes, etc. constantly. If you aren't going to be bothered by that, it might not be an issue for you.

Nechums
12-31-2009, 12:07 PM
This wouldn't be our long term ideal table, so I'm not concerned about the fingerprint, etc issue. I'm more concerned about the safety issue.

TwinFoxes
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Are the corners about the same height as his head? If so, I wouldn't use it. It amazed me how our daughters always managed to find the corners of our old end tables with their heads. We padded them, and now in our new house we just don't use any. Our dining room table is counter-height, so they can't bump their heads on it, and our big leather ottoman doubles as a coffee table for us. No more bruised heads!

JBaxter
12-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Dining table? Yes we have one of those. ( coffee tables w/ glass tops scare me) I have rough tough boys and our glass kitchen table has held up well ( few scratches) We have no problems with it.

Penny's Pappa
12-31-2009, 01:44 PM
That glass should be tempered and therefore pretty strong. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

jgenie
12-31-2009, 03:26 PM
We just got rid of our glass dining table. It was a large glass top that sat on two pedestal bases. We haven't used the dining room since DS became mobile, but used it Halloween night because we had guests. DS ran straight into the table and got a huge goose egg on his forehead. 10 minutes later his friend ran into but his mom was close enough to put her hand out and save his forehead from the goose egg DS got.