PDA

View Full Version : Safe way to carry meds?

Melaine
12-31-2009, 01:12 PM
I tried googling this and came up with nothing. I was wondering if there is any kind of childproof bag or something that I could put some meds and my inhaler in for carrying in the diaper bag or my purse. The girls have gotten into my bags so many times and made a big mess but I don't want them to be in danger from the contents (obviously). Does such an item exist? I basically haven't been carrying my inhaler because it makes me nervous to do so....TIA!

egoldber
12-31-2009, 01:35 PM
I really wouldn't worry about the inhaler. They may break it ;) but it's pretty hard even for some adults to get meds via an inhaler, most kids don't have the coordination to use an inhaler. Even if they broke off the plastic part, it would be hard for them to get anything.

Pills, of course, are a different matter. Can they open child proof caps? If not, then maybe ask your pharmacist for an empty vial.

TwoBees
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
What about a two-zipper cosmetics bag with a tiny travel combination lock (the ones with 3 number dials)? The zippers would have to have the holes in the pulls though for the lock.

etaylor75
12-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Something like this would work well:

http://www.amazon.com/MMF-Locking-Security-Valuables-233110808/dp/B001C8HER6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1262286601&sr=8-1

Erin

MamaKath
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM
The JuJuBe Be Set has zippers that come together to be locked.
http://www.ju-ju-be.com/images/catalog_shots/thumbs/beset_inside.jpg
Also a money bag (check out places like Staples) is a bag that locks.

Melaine
01-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys! I knew something like that probably did exist. Egoldber, you are right, they have pulled apart the inhaler but probably wouldn't actually manage to consume it or breathe it in in any way!
MamaKath, I love the JuJuBe Be Set! I might just have to stalk a good deal on that....it looks perfect!

MamaKath
01-02-2010, 05:13 PM
MamaKath, I love the JuJuBe Be Set! I might just have to stalk a good deal on that....it looks perfect!
If you find one let me know. ;) I didn't check, but I wonder if VB might have something similar if you prefer their patterns.

Melaine
01-02-2010, 05:14 PM
If you find one let me know. ;) I didn't check, but I wonder if VB might have something similar if you prefer their patterns.

I do like VB, it's worth checking there too. I've never had JJB and I'm afraid I might get sucked in to another expensive collection....

MamaKath
01-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I do like VB, it's worth checking there too. I've never had JJB and I'm afraid I might get sucked in to another expensive collection....
What about a cool keeper from VB? You could take the ribbons off the zippers and stick a small luggage lock through.
http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Sale/Cool-Keeper/154803/sb/SortByPriceAscending/defaultPageSize/15/defaultColor/Mediterranean%20White/pc/638/p/154803/mode/viewall/pageSize/109/sc/729/c/0/currentIndex/0.uts