PDA

View Full Version : Pajama Party Poll

Percycat
12-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Thank you all for voting and sharing your opinions. The consensus was overwhelming! I changed our reservation to the 1:00 party time. Personally, I liked the PJ party idea and prefer being invited to morning parties, but this time will be easier for our family as host and we will have fewer winter weather concerns. Plus, we just learned my DS has a 9:00am basketball game the same day.... nothing like being over-scheduled. : )

Thanks again for helping me decide.
Angela

We are having DD's 5th birthday party at Pump-it-Up, a bouncy house party center. (Not my ideal party, but DD is thrilled ).

The party begins with 80 minutes of play time followed by 40 minutes of party room time. The location is a 20 minute drive for most of the guests. There may be ice and snow on the roads.

I am looking for opinions on time slots:

1. 9:15 am PJ party -- Kids would come to the party in PJs and we would serve donuts and bagels instead of cake. Vote for this time if you think it would be fun to come in PJs and the time is not too early for you and your DC.

2. 9:15 am -- Kids would come to the party in play clothes and we would serve cupcakes. Vote for this time if you like the 9:30 time, but would prefer to come in play clothes.

3. 10:00 am -- Kids would come in to the party in play clothes and we would serve cupcakes. Vote for this time only if you prefer this time and would not be upset that lunch was not provided. (The invitation specifies the food that will be provided).

4. 1:00 pm -- Kids would come to the party in play clothes and we would serve cupcakes.

I am thinking about giving playground balls as party favors to go with the 'bouncy' theme. Do you think I should do a different party favor if kids come in PJs more in line with a PJ theme?

infomama
12-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I would vote for #4. I'm not *super* keen on serving super sugary treats in the morning. That being said...I like the morning slot (in playclothes) and sending the cupcakes home with the kids. I also like the playground ball idea....

KrisM
12-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I would prefer the early time, but not the cupcakes then. If the bounce starts at 9:30, that means you're serving cupcakes at 10:50, which is just too close to lunch to have no lunch but a cupcake. If you added a slice of pizza to it, I'd be voting for either of the earlier options.

Dr C
12-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Appears I'm in the minority here, but an AM party appeals to me because with a midday party your whole day is effectively shot. We are morning people but I said 10 AM to mollify people who are not up as early (I hear that some people manage to sleep past 7 after they have kids but have never quite figured out how they do this).
The balls sound like a great idea. Something the kids will actually use!

rlu
12-31-2009, 10:38 PM
9:15am works for us. School starts at 8:30am so the additional 20 minutes drive time after that would work for us.

I went with the cupcake option even though it does put the cupcake at 10:30am.

Ball idea is good.

ohiomom1121
12-31-2009, 10:42 PM
DD had a pump it up party and it was a lot of fun. That being said, she rarely gets out of bed by 9 so getting to the party then would be a stretch and her not being a huge grouch would be iffy as well. :wink2: I voted for the afternoon slot!

Gena
12-31-2009, 10:47 PM
I like 1pm time best, but could make an earlier time work. DS absolutely refuses to leave the house in his pajamas (and personally I'm not too fond of the idea), so for a PJ party I would dress him in sweats.

neeter
12-31-2009, 10:50 PM
with the possible ice and snow on the roads, i voted for the 1pm slot to give any ice/snow a chance to melt. bouncing from 1-2pm, with a cupcake afterwards sounds great!

KpbS
12-31-2009, 11:11 PM
I think donuts and PJs sound like a really memorable party! But practically speaking, the 1 pm party slot with cupcakes is probably a better option if you are dealing with winter weather. Hope it is a blast :)

Melbel
01-01-2010, 02:13 AM
I think donuts and PJs sound like a really memorable party! But practically speaking, the 1 pm party slot with cupcakes is probably a better option if you are dealing with winter weather. Hope it is a blast :)

:yeahthat: I would not like the 10 AM time (party ending at 12 noon) unless lunch was served before the cupcake. We have done a Pump it Up party and it was EASY. The staff was friendly and attentive. Have fun!

infocrazy
01-01-2010, 02:43 AM
We are SOOOOO not morning people. DSs have been sleeping to 9:15/9:30 this week. It's been heaven! We'd probably still go, but I'd be dreading it. I know we aren't exactly the norm though. DH works late afternoon so it's to our advantage to have the boys sleep late.

swrc00
01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I love the idea of having a PJ party and I think the ball is a great favor idea! I think the kids will love wearing their PJs out of the house. One thing that did come to mind is certian PJs being a safety concern playing in the bouncy area.

SnuggleBuggles
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM

I voted for the morning donut party (though, I might buy some bagels too). It sounds like a lot of fun. I'd just take the weather and a pp's thoughts on whether pj's are considered safe.

Beth

JustMe
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I voted for the 10am time. Dd and I would have no problem getting to the 9:15am time, and truth be told I personally would probably prefer this as a parent going to the party. However, I know many people just would not make it to a party at that time, and as the parent giving the party I would worry that too many people would not come.

I also like the 1pm time, but I think it could be tough to have parents give their kids lunch before getting there and you would end up with some cranky kids if they haven't eaten a real lunch.

FWIW, my personal preference (and this may not be an option for you) is to do dd's parties at 2pm. I feel that gives parents more than enough time to do lunch and that most people would know that this is past lunch time.

As far as pjs for the earlier times, I think I would just make that optional and let parents decide what to do. For that reason, I wouldn't make it a big deal and would not coordinate the party favors to make a theme.

Fairy
01-01-2010, 01:54 PM
We are having DD's 5th birthday party at Pump-it-Up, a bouncy house party center. (Not my ideal party, but DD is thrilled ).

The party begins with 80 minutes of play time followed by 40 minutes of party room time. The location is a 20 minute drive for most of the guests. There may be ice and snow on the roads.

I am looking for opinions on time slots:

1. 9:15 am PJ party -- Kids would come to the party in PJs and we would serve donuts and bagels instead of cake. Vote for this time if you think it would be fun to come in PJs and the time is not too early for you and your DC.

2. 9:15 am -- Kids would come to the party in play clothes and we would serve cupcakes. Vote for this time if you like the 9:30 time, but would prefer to come in play clothes.

3. 10:00 am -- Kids would come in to the party in play clothes and we would serve cupcakes. Vote for this time only if you prefer this time and would not be upset that lunch was not provided. (The invitation specifies the food that will be provided).

4. 1:00 pm -- Kids would come to the party in play clothes and we would serve cupcakes.

I am thinking about giving playground balls as party favors to go with the 'bouncy' theme. Do you think I should do a different party favor if kids come in PJs more in line with a PJ theme?

I have not read the other posts, but none of these times are my favorite. However, if these are your choices, I would serve breakfast foods for the AM times, like bagels, spreads, and include donuts if you want. If you do the 1pm, lunch or snack foods. That's just me.

carolinamama
01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
We went to a pajama party last week at a neighbor's house that started at 10:00. It was fun for the kids - my DS loved that he got to wear his jammies out of the house (although it didn't save me any work since I changed the kids to their Christmas jammies before we went since I didn't want them to be dirty for the party). It was such a neat twist on the normal party. The kids decorated cookies and got to eat one and then the host had fruit, carrot sticks and dip, and pretzels for them to snack on. I thought it was fine.

So what I am saying - I vote for a pajama party at 10:00 with cupcakes and maybe some fruit and carrot sticks to balance out the sweet factor. We've had pizza at alot of parties at bounce places and it always seems easy if you want to go that route. Have fun!

kransden
01-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I would hate the early parties, but dd would love them. We could also do other things with our day, so early would be a plus. What concerns me is the ice/snow. That would be my big reason for a later time slot. I think you'll get better attendance.

If you do an early party, would your dd be disappointed about no birthday candles or bday candles on a donut?? Make sure you ask. I also like the ball theme!

Percycat
01-04-2010, 02:32 AM
update. Thanks for helping me pick a party time.
Angela