PDA

View Full Version : PNP vs. PeaPod - Opinions?

Detny
01-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Maybe this is an update to my post below about taking PNP... I've recently discovered the PeaPod. Is this a good PNP alternative?

The breakdown, once again: I'm a first-time mom with a DD who's about to be 6 months old. We will be traveling in a few weeks (by plane) to a condo where there's no gear for me to borrow. Where to have DD sleep? Should I just buy a PNP to leave there (we would visit said condo a couple of times a year for the next few years) or buy a PeaPod that could go with us to multiple destinations. (We will be traveling a few times in the next 6 months.)

What the PeaPod has going for it -- IMO -- is that it's packable and portable. We're not outdoorsy/beach-going people, so we wouldn't be using it that way. We'd be using it for a place for DD to sleep. Is it good for infants?

Thanks for the opinions!

LMPC
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
We just bought a peapod for DD to sleep in....she was 12 mo when we used it. My only problem was that the zipper is pretty noisy when you try to close it. It was waking up DD so we ended up leaving the flap open. She stayed in all night and slept very soundly. I like it for its portability but if we were driving somewhere, we would probably just take the PnP....since I wouldn't have to worry about DD escaping during the night. I think both products have their plus and minuses.

DietCokeLover
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
We used PNP until DCs could climb out (around 15 mos). That's when I bought the Pea Pod Plus for both DC. We have really loved these and my DD especially loves it. However, DD is also pretty precocious and would unzip herself. So, after her escaping multiple times while we were on a trip, I took the twist ties off the bread and tied her in by the linking the zippers. After that, I bought some round metal things in the school supply section to link the zippers.
These have been great for us. So much easier for travelling. I am so glad we have these!

JanBaby
01-03-2010, 12:12 AM
What do you guys think about the regular sized PeaPod vs the Plus? I realize that DD can be in it longer but the size difference when I compare the two is only a few inches on all sides. I like that the regular is 5 inches smaller when it's packed up.

christigpa
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
A number of months back we were considering a travel bed for our LO, I guess DS was 6 months at the time. Anywho, we considered the PeaPod but went with the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib. We LOVE it! It is SO easy to set up and take down and DS took to it super well. I know its much more than a PeaPod or PNP but 1) lighter, storage and setup worlds easier than a PNP and 2) more stable than a PeaPod.

GL in your decision!