PDA

View Full Version : trying seats, but not in the car?

lmh2402
01-02-2010, 10:53 PM
hi there

based on feedback to my recent post (DS outgrew safe seat, need larger/taller convertible), i've ordered a few seats to attempt installation

in an effort to make the installation testing go a little smoother and shorter, is it worth it to try sitting DS in a few of the seats just on the floor in our home to see if he seems comfortable?

i'm thinking particularly with the boulevard vs. the marathon...so that we wouldn't have to try installing both of these just to try it out.

i realize the installation might not/shouldn't take all that long, but i've got five car seats here and DH is telling me his limit is only testing 3 in the car.

i'm sure i could get him to put all five in if need be, but i agree that it would be easier if we could narrow down a bit before we start messing with the car.

so what do you think, is sitting the kid in the seat on the floor a good enough test to see if they have a preference or are comfortable? especially when comparing between the two britaxes?

thanks

jjordan
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I'd definitely do a dry-run inside. Try to prop up the seat to the approximate angle it will be in the car.

tnrnchick74
01-03-2010, 07:51 AM
I did this with DS before choosing my RA50. I have 2 TF's (1 for grandma; 1 for daycare) and the crotch is a little snug. I was SPECIFICALLY looking at crotch length & fit when doing dry runs but also looking to see how tall the top slots were compared to the TF.

THEN I installed it in my car at BRU (leaving my ID at the customer service desk). I immediately came back in with the seat and bought a boxed one!