PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy decent quality kids jewelry at a reasonable price?

jyllebean
01-03-2010, 01:06 AM
This is for DD's 3rd bday so who knows what will really happen to this, but she keeps asking for a "heart necklace" and is very into jewelry so I am looking to get her something. I don't want it to be some plastic junk that will fall apart in 10 minutes, though. Any ideas on kid jewelry?

Thanks!

deannanb
01-03-2010, 01:39 AM
James Avery
http://secure.jamesavery.com/jewelry/search/product/CM-529/Open-Wire-Heart-Charm/

there are some sweet looking bracelets too - I haven't been into a store in forever, but I'm sure customer service could help you.

ShanaMama
01-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Not sure if I'd get this for a three year old, & can't say it's good quality.... but I hesitate to spend $$ on jewelry when it gets lost or broken so quickly. I just bought DD1 a necklace from Walmart. I think it was $5. It was Walmart's home brand, plain metal chain. It came with 6 or 7 charms that you can switch. I assume it's intended for a preteen, but DD loved it! And I have no problem letting her wear it school, etc, I couldn't care less if she loses it.

new_mommy25
01-03-2010, 02:30 AM
DD has been wearing this necklace in white gold she since was two and a half. http://www.nahoku.com/NaHoku/item=10430 She's never taken it off and it has never been a problem. She is very proud of it.

For dress up, DD likes the stretchy fake pearl necklaces. They usually have a heart or other pendant hanging from it.

TonFirst
01-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I also recommend James Avery. Their jewelry is beautiful, well-made, and reasonably priced, and it will last forever and grow with her - I still have my JA charm bracelet (Texan childhood, here) and I started charm bracelets for my daughter and all my goddaughters on their first birthdays. So if your daughter outgrows the necklace, you can use the heard charm to start her charm bracelet. I'd stick with sterling rather than a metal of unknown origin.