PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout installation help

arr
01-03-2010, 02:54 PM
This is my first post here :yay: and from reading this forum, it looks like everyone here is incredibly helpful with all things car seats...so I decided to post my installation question.

We bought a Britax Roundabout 50 and are installing it rear facing in our Hyndai Sonata Limited with LATCH on the passenger side. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be tight enough. It doesn't move from side-to-side, but you can easily lift the seat up and forward if that makes sense - basically, I can lift the seat from the top and towards the back seat; the base rotates and everything. Is this normal? Because of that issue, we tethered the RA to the bottom of the front seat. It's now stable and you can't move it at all.

My feeling is we shouldn't be able to move the seat untethered.

Are we doing something wrong?

Any tips?

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

-arr

o_mom
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
That is normal movement for a rear-facing seat. Infant seats and rear-facing convertibles will rotate toward the back of the vehicle fairly easily. On impact, the seat will move down and toward the front of the vehicle, then rebound toward the back. It doesn't look pretty, but there doesn't seem to be much danger to it in testing and real-world crashes. The rear-facing tether on Britax and Sunshine Kids seats are designed to prevent that rebound (as well as the anti-rebound TrueFit base and AR infant seats).

arr
01-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Thank you for the quick response!! Unfortunately we spent a whole bunch of time in the freezing cold trying to rectify the situation...sigh... but it's good to know that we're ready to go :)