PDA

View Full Version : Parkway SG in a Passat?

octmom
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
DS is six and has been riding in MAs in both of our cars. One has just reached its expiration date, and I want to replace it with a HBB. We have really liked our Britax MAs (all four!), so I am drawn to buy another Britax, probably the Parkway SG. I don't think we need to spend the extra $ on Frontier at this point. We will use our still current MA in my car (Toyota Highlander), which we use around town and for longer trips. We'll use the new booster in DH's car (a Passat), which DS only rides in for short trips home from his after school program a few days a week and if he is running errands with DH on the weekend.

DS weighs just over 50 pounds and I can't remember how tall he is, but he is tall.

My questions are:
1. Is the Parkway SG a good choice for us?
2. Does anyone know whether or not this seat will work well in a Passat?

Thanks!

Tondi G
01-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Don't know how it works in a Passat but the Parkway should work well for you. Other HBB you might consider is the Sunshine Kids Monterey.

http://www.elitecarseats.com/Sunshine-Kids-Monterey.pro?gclid=CICcq67FjJ8CFQNSagod4kW8Zw

Joolsplus2
01-05-2010, 08:43 AM
I think it would work fine (at least, I haven't really heard of any Parkway not working in any car yet, it's kind of tippy on my third row in my van, but my kids don't car, lol). Monterey IS a really nice choice, too, very Britax-esque in terms of the quality you're used to. Recaro Vivo is also a fantastic choice :) (Britax set the quality bar years ago, but other companies have met and passed it now, no need to limit your choices to that brand now that others are so good :))

octmom
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank you both! I will take a look at the seats you mention. :)