PDA

View Full Version : Lead in Thomas trains?

MontrealMum
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure if this belongs here or in recalls, but since I don't think there actually *is* a recall I put it here.

My parents have apparently just read an article about lead levels in Thomas trains being over US limits which ran today in their local paper. I cannot find the article online, but they're both freaking. I need info from a calmer source before I deal with this! I figured if something this big had happened AGAIN to the same product I'd have read it here by now :p

So, does anyone know anything? The only info. I could find was that the settlement amount from the 2007 incident was recently agreed on. TIA! Dealing with older parents who don't read things closely and are faraway is not always fun :(

bubbaray
01-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Isn't this issue from a couple of years ago? That's my recollection.

MontrealMum
01-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, that was my thinking too...which is why I'm puzzled.

o_mom
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
I'll bet it was an article on the settlement from the 2007 issues. Probably had a bunch of background info as filler.

mariza
01-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Funny, a coworker just mentioned this to me the other day too. I googled it and only found the 2007 articles. If anyone knows plz post!

DrSally
01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I'll bet it was an article on the settlement from the 2007 issues. Probably had a bunch of background info as filler.

:yeahthat: I was recently reading about it b/c I wanted to check on one of the Red James trains we bought from TJMax. I've seen numerous recalled toys/clothing items there over the years, so I wanted to check on my James to make sure it wasn't a recalled one (that maybe they were selling old ones---still waiting to hear).

wimama
01-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I thought it was trains made pre 2007 that were the issue. We bought all my DS trains new , to hopefully avoid buying any lead tainted trains.