PDA

View Full Version : Which Lululemon bottoms should I try?

Twins2000
01-03-2010, 09:58 PM
For those of you ladies that have them, which do you have, and which would you recommend? I'm 4'11'', usually wear a size 4-6, and carry more of my weight in my middle.

Thanks in advance!

Leslie

bubbaray
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I think the Boogie crops (http://shop.lululemon.com/Boogie_Crop/pd/c/570/np/570/p/1014.html)are the most universally flattering. The Groove (http://shop.lululemon.com/Groove_PantT/pd/c/560/np/560/p/1022.html) pants are great for the full-length ones.

I would call and talk to their customer service, though. I have no idea how their pants fit shorter women. I'm 5'9" and wear their regular length. ETA: sorry, I wear their tall length, not their regular length.

lululemon fitting guidelines

What's the difference between Regular and Tall? Generally, if you're up to 5'5", you will fit the Regular length and vertically blessed people can choose Tall. Of course, everyone's legs are different so please measure your inseam carefully before ordering.
Want to measure your inseam? Take your shoes off and measure from your crotch/package to the floor, along the inside of your leg.
The majority of lululemon garments are pre-shrunk to ensure a quality first time fit. This ensures that arm and leg lengths are sized properly for the garment's pattern and that zippers do not buckle after their first wash.
Depending on the individual's height, pants may need to be hemmed. Be sure the individual is wearing the shoes they would normally wear while pinning the pants. Hem the pants at least to the bottom of the heel. Most guests actually prefer their pants to be hemmed a bit longer for a more comfortable relaxed style.
luon is designed to have a matte finish. If it fits too tightly, there will be underlying sheen that reflects light. (To understand, stretch the luon fabric width-wise.) The fit should be snug but not restrictive in movement. lululemon clothes should fit like a comfortable second skin.
Make sure that pants are snug, especially in the thighs and waistband. During rigorous activities, perspiration will cause the pants to hang or slip slightly if not fitted properly.

jerigirl
01-03-2010, 10:41 PM
If you are buying from a Lululemon store they will do free hemming. I am 5'2" and their regular length is still too long for me. about 2 years ago I happened upon an instore sale where they had several Long length Groove pants on sale and I snatched them up and just had them hemmed up several inches.

Also just a reminder to not dry your Lululemon items with towels!! :wink2:

Mom Magic
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
The Groove pants are quite form fitting in the butt/thighs. If you like a looser cut, the Still or Be Still pants have a drawstring waist and are much less form fitting. I wear a size smaller in the Still pants than in the Groove pants.

Andie
DS 1/2000

viba424
01-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I wish I could remember the name of mine, I think they might be the Still pant. They are a wider leg with a thick waistband and drawstring. I much prefer those to the tapered leg.

bluestarfish18
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I've heard so many good things about them, but are they really worth the $$? I'd be willing to pay some serious money to make my booty look good. Are they good quality after washing many times? I'm 5'7" and need some new yoga pants after wearing my fave old ones to death.

BeachBum
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I like the groove pants. I'm a size 8 T. I too carry more of my weight in my middle, and my legs are relatively slim. They are definitely a fitted pant vs a loose goucho type of look.

viba424
01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I've heard so many good things about them, but are they really worth the $$? I'd be willing to pay some serious money to make my booty look good. Are they good quality after washing many times? I'm 5'7" and need some new yoga pants after wearing my fave old ones to death.

I would say yes they are worth it, however I have never paid full price but now I might because I know how nice they are. They stay looking very good too, and dont pill. I have black ones Ive been wearing twice a week for 6 months and they dont look faded at all.

This time of year you should find sales, which are rare so try that. Dont forget, they do free alterations, even on sale stuff. I have also found being near several locations, some stores there will be nothing on sale except some sports bras, then you'll go to another store and find a ton of stuff. Not sure why.

bluestarfish18
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I would say yes they are worth it, however I have never paid full price but now I might because I know how nice they are. They stay looking very good too, and dont pill. I have black ones Ive been wearing twice a week for 6 months and they dont look faded at all.

This time of year you should find sales, which are rare so try that. Dont forget, they do free alterations, even on sale stuff. I have also found being near several locations, some stores there will be nothing on sale except some sports bras, then you'll go to another store and find a ton of stuff. Not sure why.

Good to know! I live in BFE and don't have any stores near me, but now I'm super tempted to break my NE resolution to spend less, and splurge on a pair.

elektra
01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I prefer the Groove down. After Melissa (bubbaray) recommended these, I tried them and am now a believer.
I have the Groove, Groove down, Be Still and Boogie Crop. :bag
I don't shop for myself often so when I do, I go big!
I like how the Groove down can be folded over. I think that that style would work better for someone with their "weight in the middle", as you specified.
I also sized down in the Be Still and I am happy I did.

I am now wondering if I can have them altered again! I bought them LITERALLY the day before I gave birth to DS, and since I've thinned out a bit since that day ;), the pants are hanging longer and I need even more cut off the bottom.

Twins2000
01-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!! I thought I'd have to order them online, but after doing a store location search, I found that there are 2 stores within 40 min of where I live. The fact that they provide free alterations seals the deal (at least to go try them) for me!

Thanks again!

Leslie

mominmarch
01-12-2010, 10:41 AM
In case others are thinking about ordering, I just ordered my first 3 pairs and LOVE these pants. I will say that at 5'6", the Be Still pants are still about an inch too long for me, even with the top rolled down and them pulled as far up on my waist as possible. If I lived close to a store, I would love to have them hemmed an inch. And I sized down in the Be Still ones to a 6, and I actually wish I had gotten a 4 (even though the sizing indicates an 8)... they are still a little bit too big on my tummy and rear (which is such a rarity for me, maybe I should just relish in it). The Bogie Crop is my favorite, and the 8 fits just right. And I think I will like the Be Still Crop to just wear as loungish pants too. The fabric is awesome (but I have a yellow lab too, and found myself irritated with the amount of dog hair she was shedding this week all over my pants :) )