PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Tag Reader case?

DrSally
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
DS just loves his Tag reader that he got for Xmas (Target clearance). Wondering what you all are doing for a "case". The one they have on Amazon is just a plastic case that doesn't get good reviews (pinching/choking hazard) for $17. I'm wondering if any 8x10 zippered nylon case in the school supplies will work. Does anyone have a solution that they like and would care to share?

alien_host
01-04-2010, 09:25 AM
We use an "insulated" lunchbox. It's tricky to find one that can hold the bigger Tag books but the one we have does barely fit. I like how it has a zippered pocket for the pen. It has a handle for carrying so it works great.

lhafer
01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
My daughter has the tag reader case for her books and pen. She loves it, and I love it. It holds quite a few books - as many as the pen will hold. It keeps the pen in place so it doesn't get lost. She can tote it around, open it and close it herself. She was 3.5 years old when we bought the tag reader system for her, and she will be 4 in March. I would recommend the case that's made for it.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3096425 - this is the one we have, but they have the clear (milky) one for gender neutral.

Do you have a Toys R Us near you? That's where I got mine. Then you can try it out in the store and see what you think.

My opinion is, anything that has the ability to open and close has the ability to pinch. She's never had this issue though. It's not heavy, and the clasps to open and close it are super easy to work. And I am not sure what choking hazard they are talking about! Anything that is for 3+ years gets labeled with the choking hazard warning. I have yet to find a toy that doesn't - even ones I can't possibly find anything small enough to swallow (like a stuffed animal for instance). I use my own parental judgement and discretion when it comes to that kind of stuff.

WatchingThemGrow
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I thought I read that the case only held about 5 books. Our Tag holds 10 books, and a few of ours are Jr. board books. We have it in the nightstand right now, but when we put it in the car, we'll use a preschool-sized backpack we happen to have.

DrSally
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess for the pinching/choking hazard thing, I was more worried about DD getting into it. She has to be into everything DS has. I like the idea of trying to find a lunch tote or toddler backpack for it. The plastic one does only hold 5 books, and we already have that amount.